“Great food with excellent service”
Review of Les Colock - CLOSED

Les Colock
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 70
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We are on holiday in Paris and was looking for a place in Montparnasse for dinner. Decided on Les Colock based on tripadvisor reviews. We were glad we did. The owner and chef was extremely helpful and attentive. She translated the french menu for us line by line and made sure we understood everything she had to offer. We had the escargot and charcuterie for starters, with steak and fish for our mains. Food was simple but delicious. There is also a good selection of reasonably priced french wine by the glass. For dessert the chef made us a 'sampler' of everything she had on the menu. This is an excellent little restaurant. We might go back if there is time before the end of our holidays.

2  Thank Leong Y

Reviewed 8 November 2013

A restaurant in Paris where we have eaten during visits the past 2 years is RESTAURANT les COLOCK at 131 rue du Cherche-Midi in the 15th Arrondissement. The telephone number is 01 47 34 43 58. It is open Tuesdays through Fridays for lunch and dinner. On Saturdays, it is open for dinner only.

It is tiny with seating for possibly 20 people. The woman who is either the owner or the manager (I forgot to ask which) is unceasingly charming and helpful. She also appears to be the chef each time we have been there. Food preparation is done on order (not waiting around on a heat table) and she balances cooking with serving and helping with the menu. Ingredients have always been fresh and of high quality and prepared excellently. There is some wait during preparation, since the woman has so many tasks, but it is worth the wait. And the experience is relaxed -- you can dress casually.

We have always gone as she opens, so I do not know if it gets crowded or not, which might slow down service, but since the food is very good I simply suggest that you go at opening time. Prices are reasonably moderate, especially for Paris. There is a limited wine list and the baba au rhum dessert is generous and very good -- if, like me, you like baba au rhum. And she serves it with or without chantilly; it’s excellent either way. I did not see which credit cards she accepts, but I did use a credit card. In my opinion, you get excellent value for your money.

4  Thank vs2
Reviewed 15 October 2013

It has been 18 months since we were in Paris,and I always am hesitant to go back to little chef run restaurants as they can be so changeable. However, this little jewel only gets better. Soni only can seat about 20 people so reservations are suggested. The three course prix fixed menu at about 26 euros is a very good value in expensive Paris. However, best of all is the exceptional quality of the food and which is prepared to order. When you combine this with excellent knowledgable service, you have a combination that is hard to beat.

It is in a little out of the way part of Cherche-du-midi but well worth the effort to find---not far from the Montparnesse tower and close to the Duroc metro stop.

My only hesitation is updating this wonderful dining experience is that it will become so popular as to ruin its charm. So check this out while it is still a small wonderful gem.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

My husband and I went here for our date. The food was very good (which oddly enough I have not always found in Parisian restaurants). The service was excellent, the lady was very attentive and kind.
I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Vanymisu
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My wife and I ate here on Sat 23 June. We were staying at the nearby Victoria Palace Hotel and had researched the local restaurants on trip advisor so thanks to all those who had taken the time to post a review on this great little restaurant. It has a small Prix Fixe menu - food was excellent and our waitress was very helpful in explaining the various dishes in english.
Restaurant is closed Sunday and Monday.
Restaurant is in quiet street and overlooks the construction of a new hospital wing but do not let that put you off as the food and service are great. We had steak and duck as mains and I had a Baba au Rhum with a choice of flavoured Rhum.
It is very reasonably priced - we paid €83 for two 3 course meals and a bottle of wine. We would certainly eaten here again if we had stayed longer or if it had been open on Sun or Mon evening.
It is open in evenings from 7 pm. It has a couple of small tables outside for when the weather is fine.

1  Thank Fenman49