“Un petit bijou (A little Jewel)”
Review of Les Colock - CLOSED

Les Colock
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 70
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2013

It has been 18 months since we were in Paris,and I always am hesitant to go back to little chef run restaurants as they can be so changeable. However, this little jewel only gets better. Soni only can seat about 20 people so reservations are suggested. The three course prix fixed menu at about 26 euros is a very good value in expensive Paris. However, best of all is the exceptional quality of the food and which is prepared to order. When you combine this with excellent knowledgable service, you have a combination that is hard to beat.

It is in a little out of the way part of Cherche-du-midi but well worth the effort to find---not far from the Montparnesse tower and close to the Duroc metro stop.

My only hesitation is updating this wonderful dining experience is that it will become so popular as to ruin its charm. So check this out while it is still a small wonderful gem.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

My husband and I went here for our date. The food was very good (which oddly enough I have not always found in Parisian restaurants). The service was excellent, the lady was very attentive and kind.
I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Vanymisu
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My wife and I ate here on Sat 23 June. We were staying at the nearby Victoria Palace Hotel and had researched the local restaurants on trip advisor so thanks to all those who had taken the time to post a review on this great little restaurant. It has a small Prix Fixe menu - food was excellent and our waitress was very helpful in explaining the various dishes in english.
Restaurant is closed Sunday and Monday.
Restaurant is in quiet street and overlooks the construction of a new hospital wing but do not let that put you off as the food and service are great. We had steak and duck as mains and I had a Baba au Rhum with a choice of flavoured Rhum.
It is very reasonably priced - we paid €83 for two 3 course meals and a bottle of wine. We would certainly eaten here again if we had stayed longer or if it had been open on Sun or Mon evening.
It is open in evenings from 7 pm. It has a couple of small tables outside for when the weather is fine.

1  Thank Fenman49
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We came upon this restaurant by accident on our way to the metro. It was near an apartment where we were staying on rue cherche du midi.

We were greated warmly by Soni, an excellent and patient server. However, it is the food that is the star of the restaurant. My wife had duck. I had salmon after two unusual starters. All meals cooked to order. The portions are very ample and the atmosphere is cozy. It is a very small place, and it might be wise to book ahead. The price is about 25 euros or so for two very nice sized portions

It is not far from Montparnesse station and near several metro stops---Duroc and Montparness-bienvenue.I can't wait to return.

2  Thank m1128jm17
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I went to this place by chance for dinner with some friends and it was a delightful and unexpected experience. It is placed at the unfashionable end of rue de Cherche Midi, across boulevard Montparnasse, looking out at a rather unexciting wall over the road. The menu is small and the place is tiny with clean white decor. Food is good, above average for a very modest price by Paris standards. Mainly classic French but with a couple of unusual things - I had ostrich steak with a spicy peanut dressing which was very unusual and absolutely delicious. The lady who served us was delightful and very patient with our ill-disciplined group. A really nice evening and so unexpected.

1  Thank UKandFrance