See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We booked this hotel for just 2 nights we were in room 210 on the front of the hotel after being to via email we would have a room with a courtyard view !!!!! The hotel is very very basic small reception the room was small the bathroom was new and fine ,the bed was fine , there were 2 coat hangers on a screw in the wall to hang up your clothes no tea and coffee in the room there's a machine in reception we did not have breakfast ,the front off the hotel has a bar on the corner that didn't shut till 3.30 am there was noise all night and the neighbour hood was best described as threatening we were constantly warned about pickpockets we would not return to this hotel again

Room Tip: Do not sleep at the front
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank catweston
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Great first impression of the hotel looks great on the outside and he inside. The three gentalmen who great us was lovely so helpful recommendations on places to go and eat . Was told I was put in a nicer super room however on checking pictures it was the room I had book no problem with this great room . The room was not ready as we had turned up early. We was able to leave our bags here and went off for a few hours . As we left the manager informed us to keep all money and phones out of sight as there's a lot of pickpockets about we had witnessed this already before we got to the hotel we then went off for a few hours On return the hotel smelt of wet dog, thought nothing of it got our cases went to the top of the hotel now problem apart from no lighting on all floors so was walking in the dark. Room was great every thing we expected only few problems when we got in the room .
The curtain pole in one side was hanging off the wall this was not a problem for us but young children that could hurt if fell on . The toilet holder didn't hold a role as had been bent . There's was two up and down wall lights 1 bulb in one had for and the other very dull and the bathroom plug in one sink did not work . Apart from those a point there was marks on the wall that I guess with a wipe would come off if tried . Started to in pack our bags and noticed our bags was full of chair . Dog hair witch we later discovered there was actually a dog that lived in reception. So we cleaned our bags of hair had an hours nap as been traveling for some time and there pillows had a few hairs on also . Maybe not dog hairs but was hairs we asked on our way out for clean pillows and the young land said he was not sure if they had any but will check . Later in return no pillows . I asked the night guy who went to look and couldn't only find this small rounded long pillow as there was no others . Surely being a hotel you would keep spare pillows ??. So we got in to bed and my partner struggling as she allergic to pet hair and dust things like that so she came out in a rash couldn't stop sneezing or eyes watering . There was nothing we could have done about the dog issue but if honest if I knew a dog lived here I would not have booked here . And would have booked else were will people being allergic surly this should state when booking about a dog ? . There's was a fair amount of barking from the dog on our first night after we had got into bed around 22:40 we was on the top floor and heard it so felt sorry for anyone on bottom floor .
The bed was really comfy had a great night sleep , we had the window open all night at traffic was fine , it's just off a Maine road but no trouble sleeping
Waking up the first morning I opened the curtains only for the pole to full and bang me on my head . As we headed down in the morning I had told reception about it and the guy said he will get it sorted . This was at 8 am we went to Disneyland for the holiday and arrived back at the hotel at 11 still no one had arrived to fix the pole and attach it to the wall despite house keeping had come in and made the bed ect thought they would have mentioned it
That's night we both showers and the water was freezing though this was strange but maybe was the end of the water as was the night.
On check out we asked the guy about the €20 deposit he said to come back later when boss in after 10 i explained I'm checking out now 6am My flight was at 9 but he just demanded me to come back later . I feel if he works the night /morning shift he should have some knowledge of check out ect . Maybe some training could be in order .
So my overall view of this hotel was a budget hotel that could do with a bit more service from management. The rooms was clean apart from hairs on pillows the bathroom was clean and bed was comfy . If it wasn't for the dog we would stay here again but for my partner to be allergic to dogs unfortunately we couldn't . But thanks for having us this time

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel-based vacation better look for a luxury one. If you are interested visiting the city then, it is a good choice to stay. Location is nice, really close to metro station and sacre coure, moulin rouge. 5 min walk to Gare du Nord. Staff is helpfull. Room is small but neat and clean.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Merve H
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Room on the 4th floor. Windows shut out the traffic noise. Good sized bathroom. Good sized bed. Clean. Doesn't get cleaned during your stay, apart from bed re made and towels re folded. Area is a bit dodgy, but right near a train station. Wifi isn't the best, but it works great during the day when most guests are out. The hotel did us good during our stay.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

We booked this hotel at last minute as my husband travelled with group friends for the Euro, we decided later on that I might as well join him for 5 nights in Paris, the group of friends were staying near Gare du Nord area the reason we booked on this hotel to be near them (10mins walk or 1 stop by the metro).

We booked and paid the hotel before reading the reviews, had we read before booking we wouldn't had stayed. But being fair, the hotel is not in the high end side of Paris, the Metro station are loitered with men selling cigarettes, but the location itself as near the main road is safe enough.

The room, smallish but newly decorated, spacious ensuite, clean towels, kettle (but no tea/coffee) shampoo and body wash sachet were provided daily. We stayed in the 2nd floor with big window which we were grateful as weather were really hot that time and there was no aircon or fan in the room, really uncomfortable. The staff cons everyday to tidy up the bed but never clean, not even the floor. Flat screen TV with no English Channel. Tea/coffee dispensing machine near the reception at the ground floor.

The hotel has steep spiral stairs with no lift, some rooms has no ensuite and has to use the communal small toilet near the landing of each floor, can't comment more as didn't used this facility. The staff are friendly and helpful enough when we asked directions. The front door were locked after 10 or 11pm I think, but there is always a staff in the reception near the door to help open the door if needed.

It's about 30minutes by train from the airport and shuttle bus is available by arrangement only the previous day by the hotel. There is a small convenient shop beside the hotel or if you walk a street up at the back there's a big Carrefour shop, macdonalds, Starbucks and few restaurant and bars....

If I go back again? Although I never felt threatened for my safety, I would splash a little bit more to be at Notre Dame area which is equally cheap but better area, or somewhere else, certainly not the Champ d Elysee part of Paris.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple