Le Relais Madeleine
US$ 221
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)
US$ 244
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Vice Versa(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
  • Fitness centre
US$ 620
US$ 588
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsheart of parisgreat locationgaleries lafayette and printempsquiet streetde lacharming hotelseveral metro stopscentral locationplace vendomewalking distanceenjoyed our stayinner courtyardcomfy bedquiet at nightwould stay here againthe hotel staffrecommend this hotel
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We chose this hotel for its location, and weren't disappointed. As others have said it's close to the Metro at La Madeleine and museums, parks, department stores, cafes, bars and restaurants are all within easy walking distance. It's also very convenient for the Roissybus stop near L'Opera.

We stayed two nights and our superior room and bathroom (with a separate toilet) were extremely clean and pretty spacious for central Paris. Comfortable and tastefully furnished in a traditional style, there were two dining chairs at the desk, allowing for breakfast in the room if required, together with an armchair. Decent sized wardrobe space, a safe, slippers and TV were very welcome and the heated wall mirror in the bathroom was great - no steaming up caused by showering and there were nice big bath towels and a heated towel rail. The beds were really comfortable, with very nice linen and extra pillows in the wardrobe. The free Wifi worked well. All in all it felt as though our every need had been considered and catered for. We didn't breakfast at the hotel but went around the corner to Fauchon in Place Madeleine where two of us had coffee and croissant for about 12 euros.

We would stay at the hotel again but I'd request a quieter room. Ours overlooked the street and, since we had a window open, it was very noisy from quite early in the mornings - not helped by the lack of shutters which would cut out some of the noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel away from the street
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Infomaniac_1
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I've traveled to Paris many times on business and normally stick to the same hotel. When the rates more than doubled for unknown reasons, I found this reasonable hotel. The location is quite central (near AUBER train station) and the street is very quiet at night.

I will rate this hotel on Comfort and Value:

I stayed in a Superior Room (large bed and nice size bathroom). The room was clean and inviting. The bathroom was also clean and well proportioned. I normally look at what the hotel has done to make my stay extra nice. In this room I found terry cloth disposable slippers, a safe (excellent!), a mini-bar (never used it, but a nice to have), free wifi (++) and enough hangers for my week stay. The one thing missing that I like to use is an electric coffee/tea maker. I drink tea and it would be nice to have some boiled water late at night in the comfort of my room...but I survived.

I was able to use an iron - upon request and kept in the lobby. The reception staff were very hospitable and pleasant to deal with.

Breakfast was not included in my room rate and was 13 Euros p/day. If you have time to grab breakfast elsewhere, do so. However, I found the breakfast to be a decent value and relaxing. The ladies that serve you breakfast were extra nice and accommodating. They had the usual bread varieties, cheese, cereal, fruit, yogurt, along with fresh squeezed OJ (my fav!), coffee/ tea....and boiled eggs. For me it was convenient before my rush to the office, but after 5 days you do run out of variety. Scrambled eggs would have been the icing on the cake (hint, hint).

As for value, my rate was about 170 Euros a night which was a bit more than my usual range of about 139-150 Euros. If you book with the hotel directly you will find better rates on their website which I may do next time (last I checked it was about 153 euros p/night).

I found the location to be very central to the big department stores (Primtemp, Galleria Lafayette) and many small boutiques. Monoprix is also nearby where you can find a quick bite and even toiletries. I like to buy chocolates there for little gifts to bring back home.

One restaurant that was recommended to me at the hotel was Le Persil Fleur at 8 Rue Boudre, which was excellent! It's a 2 minute walk and has a fabulous menu with fresh food and great selections. A 3 course a la carte meal was about 40 euros, with a glass of wine and a small bottle of water.

Another good choice is Terminus Cafe at the Hotel Concorde next to the Saint Lazare Train Terminal. There is also a nice Starbucks next to the Hotel Concorde which is another option for a snack.

Overall the hotel was a good choice and I would stay there again if the rate doesn't skyrocket.

Room Tip: Superior room was slightly more money but a good value with the extra room in the bathroom and bedroom - a good choice for couples.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank ronrica
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is a reasonable option in very central Paris. Close to Metro stop Place de la Madelaine, but many attractions are actually in walking distance, if you do not mind walking 20 minutes. The hotel itself is a small, 3 star establishment, nothing to write home about, but it provides clean, reasonable size rooms (by Paris standards - superior room may be around 20 m2), well maintained decor, sufficient storage space, small LCD television and separate bathroom and wc, although both are tiny. I usually stay in 4 or 5 star hotels, both business and private. I chose this hotel this time for its good location and because higher class hotels were either full or their prices were astronomic. All in all, I was satisfied with the decision. Two details: (1) if you want to sleep late ask for a room on a higher floor or looking onto the small court - garbage is collected around 7:30 and loudly and (2) breakfast was a correct buffet but became boring after 3 days and is charged as extra for 30 EUR. So if you are on budget or you want more variance you can step out to the cafes on Place Madelaine and sit out onto a terrace. An interesting touch - the hotel owner has been a collector of autographs in the sixties, as a lot of Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and other Woodstock era heros signatures and photoes are on display. In fact they also give you a book as present with these. So if you belonged to the hippy generation or you were in love with John, Paul or Ringo do not miss this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank turpi
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The Hotel is in a quiet street 2 mins walk from the Madeleine, Fauchon, Hediard and an underground car-park. In another direction about 10 mins walk from Printemps so a great base for shopping.

All the staff we met were very helpful and interested in their guests' needs.

The bedrooms were nicely decorated and comfortable, some nice pieces of occasional furniture and the individual decor ensured you felt in a homely atmosphere.

Breakfast was a basic continental, the walls of the breakfast room decorated with Autographs of 60's and 70's pop stars.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a double room. Nicely furbished with all facilities. Friendly and helpful staff. Very well situated for shopping, theatre and exhibitions.
Good breakfast served with a smile. We will come back

Room Tip: back rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple