All reviewsrome stationnice hotellong weekendbooked this hotelstayed here for nightsa lovely stayroom was a bit smallroom servicecity breakbreakfast was excellentfew minutes walkwould stay againtea and coffeewalked everywherebed was comfortablehotel is locatedmoulin rouge
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Both my colleague and I visited the hotel on business during an overnight stay in Paris. When we arrived, we were greeted by an empty reception desk for at least 10 minutes. During this time a member of staff was working in the small office besides the desk and although he clearly saw us, failed to check us in. Finally another member of staff turned up and started to check us both into the hotel until 2 customers came in behind us......”excuse me while I deal with another customer” and proceeded to book them in instead. Why? And how rude. Once both had been booked in, he proceeded to book us in with no explanation as to why he did what he did.

An attempt to get a drink later that evening was just as bad. After a 15 minute wait, off we went where our custom was welcomed.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Norbert I, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Saint Lazare Monceau, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Guest,
You have taken the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel, and I thank you. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.
During your stay, you can contact the 2424 number; a person is available for all problems.
Be assured that the necessary corrective measures have already been taken to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust when you next stay with us.
Norbert IMBERT
Hotel Mercure Paris 17 E Saint Lazare Monceau

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We had booked the hotel for four nights. It was quite close to the metro and bus station. The rooms were spacious according to european hotel standards, very clean, calm and comfortable. The staff were very kind and helpful. Breakfast was excellent in quality, but smaller variety of choices. The cheese, fruit juice and espresso were very good. The hotel cleanliness was adorable. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor after your stay in Paris.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, in particular our rooms and our breakfast.
We were pleased to welcome you for your stay and we do hope to see you again in Paris !
Truly yours,
Norbert IMBERT
Hotel Mercure Paris 17 Eme Saint Lazare Monceau

Reviewed 15 September 2017

The lobby was small but clean, modern, with lux accents. The room was very clean, comfortable, modern, and pretty spacious for a European room. The room has many luxurious accents and features including beautiful French door style windows that open fully. The staff was very helpful. I had a small issue with the first room I checked into (bad smell) but they immediately moved me into a nicer (clean smelling) bigger room the next morning when it was available. The only other issue I had is I booked connecting rooms but they weren't available when I checked in so they gave us rooms next door to each other instead which worked out fine. Wifi was a bit spotty in my room but I made it work, not too bad. The area seemed a little sketchy at first glance (across from railroad tracks covered in graffiti) but it's actually a great quiet neighborhood. The metro (Rome station) was only a 3 - 5min walk down the street. There's a charming street with tons of restaurants about 2 min away and in the other direction there is a main street about 5 - 7min walk from the hotel with even more restaurants, shops, and outdoor vendors. There's a supermarket across the street from the metro that's open until 11pm. Great location and value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

A mildly disappointing stay, particularly given the price paid for the room.

The location of the hotel is reasonable, looking down onto an expanse of train tracks. Pont-Cardinet station is less than 10 minutes away on foot; it's a similar distance to the nearest Metro station.

I presume that the hotel was busy during my stay - there was a bit of a queue at check-in and staff, while polite, seemed quite harassed.

The room was small even by Parisian standards and was a little disappointing. On a bitterly cold January day the thermostat was broken. A small electric heater had been wheeled into the room as compensation.

Despite the room generally looking modern, the walls were quite badly scuffed in places and the ceiling of the bathroom was stained. The bed was however comfortable and overall cleanliness was good.

The lobby and breakfast room are pleasant but small. Breakfast was of a good (typical Mercure) standard.

Overall a decent (if expensive) stay, but there are certainly better (quality and value) Mercure hotels in Paris.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Our room was quite small, but I think it is what you would expect for Paris. We had a lovely Juliette style balcony which I really loved. Tea and coffee were in the rooms, everything was very clean. There was quite a lot of noise from the street outside and the trains if you keep the windows open, but there is aircon in the room if you need to close the windows to sleep. The staff were very friendly and the location of the hotel is very good; there are lots of restaurants nearby and we didn't use public transport, we walked everywhere although it was quite a lot of walking! Only faults with this hotel were car parking; we had to use the public car park which was some distance down the street. We had quite a lot of luggage with us so lugging it to and from the car park park was quite hard. Parking wasn't cheap either, but I suppose that's what you pay for Paris. Other fault was the hotel bar; wasn't really much of a bar, more of a hotel lobby and after a meal we came back to have a drink and they had run out of white wine! We had a lovely stay here though, we would go back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family