“Great location”

Mercure Paris Saint Lazare Monceau
Ranked #926 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 November 2017

This was a lovely hotel to stay in. From the moment we arrive the reception staff were lovely and friendly. The room was a bit small but it was clean and fresh. There is wireless but it was not working whilst we were there which was a shame.
The hotel is in a great location and is a few minutes walk to the metro. It does not take long to get into the centre of Paris.

The breakfast room is snug and the staff were helpful. The food was ok, I was not keen on the hot breakfast a bit hit and miss. It was greasy and some days burnt.

Aside from this we had a lovely stay and would definitely come back. Well worth a stay!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Norbert I, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Saint Lazare Monceau, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your comment on tripadvisor .
We are so pleased to see that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. You really enjoyed the location of our hotel -Adjacent to the Saint Lazare train station and four metro lines- making it the ideal base for visiting Paris
Please allow me to say how sorry i am for your bad experience with our breakfast service
I shared it with the food and bevarage manager , to provide an appropriate follow up to your comment Mercure Paris Saint Lazare Monceau
Best regrads

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Both my colleague and I visited the hotel on business during an overnight stay in Paris. When we arrived, we were greeted by an empty reception desk for at least 10 minutes. During this time a member of staff was working in the small office besides the desk and although he clearly saw us, failed to check us in. Finally another member of staff turned up and started to check us both into the hotel until 2 customers came in behind us......”excuse me while I deal with another customer” and proceeded to book them in instead. Why? And how rude. Once both had been booked in, he proceeded to book us in with no explanation as to why he did what he did.

An attempt to get a drink later that evening was just as bad. After a 15 minute wait, off we went where our custom was welcomed.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
You have taken the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel, and I thank you. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.
During your stay, you can contact the 2424 number; a person is available for all problems.
Be assured that the necessary corrective measures have already been taken to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust when you next stay with us.
Norbert IMBERT
Hotel Mercure Paris 17 E Saint Lazare Monceau

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We had booked the hotel for four nights. It was quite close to the metro and bus station. The rooms were spacious according to european hotel standards, very clean, calm and comfortable. The staff were very kind and helpful. Breakfast was excellent in quality, but smaller variety of choices. The cheese, fruit juice and espresso were very good. The hotel cleanliness was adorable. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor after your stay in Paris.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, in particular our rooms and our breakfast.
We were pleased to welcome you for your stay and we do hope to see you again in Paris !
Truly yours,
Norbert IMBERT
Hotel Mercure Paris 17 Eme Saint Lazare Monceau

Reviewed 15 September 2017

The lobby was small but clean, modern, with lux accents. The room was very clean, comfortable, modern, and pretty spacious for a European room. The room has many luxurious accents and features including beautiful French door style windows that open fully. The staff was very helpful. I had a small issue with the first room I checked into (bad smell) but they immediately moved me into a nicer (clean smelling) bigger room the next morning when it was available. The only other issue I had is I booked connecting rooms but they weren't available when I checked in so they gave us rooms next door to each other instead which worked out fine. Wifi was a bit spotty in my room but I made it work, not too bad. The area seemed a little sketchy at first glance (across from railroad tracks covered in graffiti) but it's actually a great quiet neighborhood. The metro (Rome station) was only a 3 - 5min walk down the street. There's a charming street with tons of restaurants about 2 min away and in the other direction there is a main street about 5 - 7min walk from the hotel with even more restaurants, shops, and outdoor vendors. There's a supermarket across the street from the metro that's open until 11pm. Great location and value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

A mildly disappointing stay, particularly given the price paid for the room.

The location of the hotel is reasonable, looking down onto an expanse of train tracks. Pont-Cardinet station is less than 10 minutes away on foot; it's a similar distance to the nearest Metro station.

I presume that the hotel was busy during my stay - there was a bit of a queue at check-in and staff, while polite, seemed quite harassed.

The room was small even by Parisian standards and was a little disappointing. On a bitterly cold January day the thermostat was broken. A small electric heater had been wheeled into the room as compensation.

Despite the room generally looking modern, the walls were quite badly scuffed in places and the ceiling of the bathroom was stained. The bed was however comfortable and overall cleanliness was good.

The lobby and breakfast room are pleasant but small. Breakfast was of a good (typical Mercure) standard.

Overall a decent (if expensive) stay, but there are certainly better (quality and value) Mercure hotels in Paris.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business