All reviews rome station nice hotel rooms are small long weekend booked this hotel stayed here for nights a lovely stay flat screen moulin rouge room service city break breakfast was excellent few minutes walk tea and coffee walked everywhere would stay again hotel is located
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The lobby was small but clean, modern, with lux accents. The room was very clean, comfortable, modern, and pretty spacious for a European room. The room has many luxurious accents and features including beautiful French door style windows that open fully. The staff was very helpful. I had a small issue with the first room I checked into (bad smell) but they immediately moved me into a nicer (clean smelling) bigger room the next morning when it was available. The only other issue I had is I booked connecting rooms but they weren't available when I checked in so they gave us rooms next door to each other instead which worked out fine. Wifi was a bit spotty in my room but I made it work, not too bad. The area seemed a little sketchy at first glance (across from railroad tracks covered in graffiti) but it's actually a great quiet neighborhood. The metro (Rome station) was only a 3 - 5min walk down the street. There's a charming street with tons of restaurants about 2 min away and in the other direction there is a main street about 5 - 7min walk from the hotel with even more restaurants, shops, and outdoor vendors. There's a supermarket across the street from the metro that's open until 11pm. Great location and value. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

A mildly disappointing stay, particularly given the price paid for the room.

The location of the hotel is reasonable, looking down onto an expanse of train tracks. Pont-Cardinet station is less than 10 minutes away on foot; it's a similar distance to the nearest Metro station.

I presume that the hotel was busy during my stay - there was a bit of a queue at check-in and staff, while polite, seemed quite harassed.

The room was small even by Parisian standards and was a little disappointing. On a bitterly cold January day the thermostat was broken. A small electric heater had been wheeled into the room as compensation.

Despite the room generally looking modern, the walls were quite badly scuffed in places and the ceiling of the bathroom was stained. The bed was however comfortable and overall cleanliness was good.

The lobby and breakfast room are pleasant but small. Breakfast was of a good (typical Mercure) standard.

Overall a decent (if expensive) stay, but there are certainly better (quality and value) Mercure hotels in Paris.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Our room was quite small, but I think it is what you would expect for Paris. We had a lovely Juliette style balcony which I really loved. Tea and coffee were in the rooms, everything was very clean. There was quite a lot of noise from the street outside and the trains if you keep the windows open, but there is aircon in the room if you need to close the windows to sleep. The staff were very friendly and the location of the hotel is very good; there are lots of restaurants nearby and we didn't use public transport, we walked everywhere although it was quite a lot of walking! Only faults with this hotel were car parking; we had to use the public car park which was some distance down the street. We had quite a lot of luggage with us so lugging it to and from the car park park was quite hard. Parking wasn't cheap either, but I suppose that's what you pay for Paris. Other fault was the hotel bar; wasn't really much of a bar, more of a hotel lobby and after a meal we came back to have a drink and they had run out of white wine! We had a lovely stay here though, we would go back.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Amazing hotel! The hotel is located opposite the Metro line making it easy to travel into the centre of Paris. Amazing location as a short walk to Moulin Rouge and only a mile to Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe. Hotel rooms are small but more than big enough. Lovely hotel lobby and beautifully decorated rooms. Staff were lovely and ensured that we were able to check into one of our rooms early and then held our cases for our late flight home. Have already recommended this hotel to friends and family. Will certainly stay here again! Comfiest beds ever!!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Joanne T
Reviewed 9 July 2017

As a frequent traveler and Accor Hotels gold member, I do usually appreciate Mercure hotels quality for value. This one is the exception.
Room was really too small, especially if you consider this is a 4 star rated hotel.
No service.

Room tip: Choose another hotel
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank rbalux
Norbert I, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Saint Lazare Monceau, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent stay at Mercure Paris saint Lazare Monceau
However, we are sorry to read that you were disappointed with our night desk service. We would like to be able to discuss your experience with you directly. Please contact us via email at H9311@accor.com
Besides the issue mentioned above we hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back.
Truly yours,