“Only kinda fab”
Review of Le Fabe Hotel

Le Fabe Hotel
Ranked #138 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at Le Fabe from June 4th to the 8th. This was our 2nd time in Paris. This hotel is what everyone says it is, clean, friendly service, decent breakfast, etc. But... when we got there we wanted to check out the area and the gentleman that was working at the time warned us not to go in one direction. In other words, it's not a very nice neighborhood. We had been traveling through Europe and wanted some clothes cleaned. They don't have a laundry service and they suggested we go to a laundry mat down the street. Not exactly what I wanted to spend time doing. We ended up just buying a few things. The other thing is that it's about a half mile to the Metro that takes you to all of the worthy landmarks. We're both runners and in pretty good shape but we didn't need that extra mile (round trip). We were already walking all over museums, catacombs, Arc de Triomphe, Montemartre, etc. Another little pet peeve was that there were no luggage racks in the room. No, likey. Unfortunately, I wouldn't stay here again. :(

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lemoncello
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Bonjour Lemoncello,

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your journey in our hotel.

You rated us 3/5 which means on tripadvisor language just average or not even. It is sad you think our hotel didn't deserve more because you couldn't find a laundry service shop and a few other things I will mention later on. There is 3 "pressing" shops within 4 minutes walk from the hotel. Adrien advised you this laundry mat because any laundry service will clean your cloth in less than 24 hours. Guests usually in our hotel don't like to wait that long and that's very often what they are looking for and asking for. Please note that a 3 stars hotel must not have a laundry service. We don't want to have any because after having the experience of one, we stoped ; delivery delays, lost items, guest leaving without their cloths, too expensive for certain persons .... It is not what we want for our guests. If you didn't like the idea of using this laundry mat, why didn't you ask for another solution.

I am the man at the reception who advised you not to go where you were planning to. It is just that the area you were planning to visit is very residential and there isn't any shop or activity before 10 minutes or so. I didn't say it's not nice but it doesn't worth it. All the area of Paris are not touristy and some areas don't deserve a visit when you're staying 4 nights only. When I told you that I wanted to spare you a non interesting walk, I should have shut my mouth.

As far as racks in the room are concerned, it is a choice. We do have luggage racks available at the front desk but we do not propose them automatically in the room on purpose because French poeple don't like them. More over, it takes lots of space and by experience, very few guests uses them. You should just have asked. The reception service was open 24/7 and you knew it. So why ask for things at the front desk and not others for complaining afterwards on line ?

As a conclusion, I will just remind you that we are situated not even 3 minutes walk (350 metres exactly, cf google map) from a metro station of line 13, Pernety, which takes you straight to champs Elysées, 8th district (opera, galerie lafayette, ...) ; not 800 metres (1/2 mile) as you said. If you're mentioning the Montparnasse station, why did you pick up our hotel then and not one facing the train station.....This station is indeed amazing since it is one of the 4 biggest of the city with many connexions possible. Every hotel of Paris are not close to such a Station, we feel already lucky to be that close (15 minutes walk or 2 metro stops). If what you wanted was to stay where the "worthy landmarks" are, you should probably have chosen another hotel. It wouldn't then be at the same price or the same standing for the same price. We chose to be in a typical Parisian area, away from the main avenues and touristy areas. A map of our exact location is shown on every single web partner we work with. The one you made your booking with has a very clear map.

In other terms, we're all sad you weren't satisfied with our hotel but your comments make me think you have chosen the wrong establishment. A four or five star hotels with racks, an expensive laundry service in the centre of Paris would have been more convenient for your wishes and needs. However, it is surely more expensive.

Best regards.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Le Fabe Hotel

Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at Le Fabe Hotel for our honey moon for two nights. We both thought it was a great hotel. It's about five minutes from subway station.The room was little small but very clean, and the service was very nice! Even now I can still remember every staff's smily face and the aroma of the coffee in the morning. Staffs gave us very helpful information about directions to highlights and good local restaurants.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophia C
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My husband & spent a few nights at Le Fabe Hotel. It was a great choice. The room, although small, was very clean, the bathroom was spacious and very modern. The walls are rather thin & we could hear voices in the corridor/other rooms but not enough to be annoying. The front of house staff go above & beyond the call of duty and are very helpful and friendly. Although this hotel is not that central, its a few minutes walk from a Metro station. On departure we opted to leave our bags & collect them later for our transfer to the airport & the owner offered us a room to get changed/shower/freshen up which was great!

Room Tip: The Mona Lisa room seems to be bigger than most.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I visited Paris for my birthday and had the most amazing time at Le Fabe. My partner and I are well travelled and in terms of customer service/hospitality the service this was one of our most memorable and favourable experiences. We have already recommended this hotel to others. Thank you for making my birthday extra special.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed at the Le Fabe hotel for one night as I was stopping off in the city to visit a friend. The hotel was excellent. The location is a bit out of the way, however the metro stop is a 5 min walk away so it's easy to get to the rest of Paris.

The room as has already been said is quite small but well appointed. The bathroom was lovely with a great shower and shampoo and body wash provided. The bed was large and very comfortable and I loved the nespresso type coffee/tea machine. There was a good sized tv on the wall in front of the bed, however most channels are in french with a couple in English, German and Spanish.

The staff I met at the front desk were very welcoming, friendly and eager to please. I would definitely stay here again. Also I was able to loan a UK socket adapter from reception as I had forgotten mine. There was a 10euro deposit for this which was refunded when I checked out.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo