“Idyllic cottage in an Idyllic setting”
other travellers have booked this property
Exterior view of the cottage
The romantic lounge bedroom with fireplace Fireplace in the lounge bedroom by night
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Exterior view of the cottage
The romantic lounge bedroom with fireplace
Fireplace in the lounge bedroom by night
Sofa in the lounge bedroom
The romantic canopy bed by night
Fireplace by day
Private lounge place for relaxing
View of the head board decoration
The desk
The bucolic well equipped kitchen
In the kitchen
View of the dining place
The romantic bathroom
The wide shower
View of the 1000 sqm park
View from the cottage on a flowered courtyard
Private lounge place
The way to the 10000 sqm private forest
A bench in the forest of the property
View of the property from the forest
The private tennis court
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Haworth, New Jersey
“Mis-represented”
Reviewed 7 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

The cottage is not in Fontainebleau--it is in Paley, some 35 km in the middle of nowhere. The nearest place to buy food or restaurant was several miles away. The fireplace had an odor, the cottage is hared by 3 other people and not private. We booked it for 12 days and left after 6 days. The owner feigned ignorance of the ad on trip advisor until we showed her a copy. We thought the property was in the town of Fontainebleau, which would give us a chance to have breakfast, lunch and dinner at a local waling distance restaurant or bistro. We were forced to look for other accommodations which on the late date of June in France was very expensive.

Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
22 Jul 2015
The location of my cottage on Tripadvisor or Holiday Lettings is determined by touristic areas. So it's referenced in the « Fontainebleau » area . But you can easily check the exact location on the map provided in the ad. Why didn't you check it or ask before booking ?

I let 2 cottages on my wide property (also Peonies cottage). The cottages are totally independent. You have probably met other guests but they couldn't have slept with you...;-)
Neither my hundred guests (nor you!) complained about odor, dirt or bad quality linen (check all my 5 stars reviews !).
I'm really surprised about those assesments wich you never pointed when you were on the spot !

Some facts : you've booked 10 nights and not 12 and left after 5 nights and not 6. As soon as you decided to leave, I proposed you to refund the 5 nights left. You refused my proposal at the time but sent me an email asking me to pay you back the total amount for your 10 nights... I'm surprised you don't mention it in your review...

Who misrepresents ?
steveback...
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Idyllic cottage in an Idyllic setting”
Reviewed 26 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

The cottage was everything I expected it to be from the description and photo's. The accommodation was very comfortable and clean and well maintained. Of the road parking was excellent. Yolande and her family were very welcoming, friendly and helpful, and were a pleasure to meet with. The setting could not have been more idyllic. Lots of idyllic french villages around to enjoy. We stayed in the region in order to visit the chateau at fontainebleau. Fontainebleau itself is well worth a visit. I found all the peoples of the region we met very charming and friendly and always willing to be patient with my lack of french.
To Yolande, a big thank you for allowing us to stay at your cottage, it was lovely to meet you.

Your age range 50-64
Christine...
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Iris Cottage is irresistible, it's like a fairytale”
Reviewed 2 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I enjoyed the most wonderful, glorious and uplifting stay at Iris Cottage. The cottage was everything I could dream of - elegant, romantic, peaceful and calm. If I could stay here forever I would, as everything was perfect. Yolande is a charming and compassionate lady, who I would love to see again. In a perfect situation I would stay at Iris Cottage as often as I possibly could, to unwind, and let go of every day stress and strain. The countryside around the cottage is absolutely beautiful, I could gaze at it forever. And to return to the cottage after a day out exploring, and light a fire, and to hear the crackle of the wood and watch the mesmerizing flames - to me this is what heaven must be like. I can't wait to return.....

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Easy access from Paris, the peace and quiet and the forest behind the cottage.
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
ozfamily9...
Pertuis, France
“Peaceful, welcoming and memorable”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

The location, facilities and ambience of this gorgeous cottage are just perfect if you've arrived in Paris after a long flight. What a relief it is to leave the traffic of Paris behind and arrive in the peaceful forests surrounding Fontainbleau. We totally recommend this accommodation which seems to have magical restorative powers.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing