See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Yep it is in old town so old was expected. Quite quaint with smallish rooms but comfortable and clean. Driving into the hotel turned out to be very difficult but once sorted it was ok. But you park and leave the car, don't expect to just use it at random while here it is a labour to get it in and out. That said the hotel could not he positioned better. Right in the heart of town and a walk to many fine restaurants and shops.
Worth over looking some faults simply for the position. Especially for only a one or 2 night stay. I would stay again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the best part of a week in September. On the positive side, it is very centrally located, has good wifi, a lift, the staff are friendly and helpful and it is clean. English is spoken but it is quite limited in the case of some staff. We did not have breakfast but it was available as was room service with bar and snack items.

Our room was at the front of the hotel and was significantly noisy, both from the street and from poor insulation within. We could hear footsteps from above very clearly.

The hotel has certainly seen better days. The décor is very shabby, with strange lobbies containing wardrobes and random pieces of furniture in what is, in effect, a wide corridor. I had a major beef with our bathroom, which actually had been refurbished and looked quite smart. The shower had been placed so that you had to step over a tiled 'bridge' of a foot high and nearly the same depth to get into the shower. It was probably some boxed in pipes. When I tried to step over this into the shower, my foot slipped in the shower which was wet because my husband had just used it and I slammed my other leg into the tiled bridge, bruising it badly. This shower arrangement is really, really badly designed and invites accidents. I looked into another room on our floor and there is at least one other similarly laid out shower. My recommendation would be for any prospective guests to check this with the management before booking and avoid!

Room Tip: Avoid the front of the hotel as it's noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2014

very well located, clean and comfortable perhaps a little expensive for a hotel that could do with a touch of modernisation. Friendly and helpful personnel however. Parking is available but at a little distance.

Room Tip: not on the street at week ends, perhaps we were unlucky but five drunken imbeciles decided to wake everybody up at 02.30 in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kubilaikhan
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is an old hotel located in the center of the old section of town. The room was small and the decor was a bit tired, I experienced a comfortable, restful night. The service was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. It's a great location to get out and walk the area which has many restaurants, bistros, and shopping.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The hotel is situated in the heart of the old city. The building and the room are [of 50-60's] in a very good condition. Big, clean, comfortable room and bathroom. The bed is OK. It is managed by the owner's family so the service is excellent. We felt we were staying in a friend's house. We paid eu 65 without breakfast. The garage was about 3 blocks away on foot but dew to the works for
the new tramway we had to drive around the half of the city !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple