“Good for its type”

Cuisines: French
Description: Bar Restaurant within the Auberge Le Colombien
Description: Bar Restaurant within the Auberge Le Colombien
Reviewed 14 September 2018

With a range of options to suit all states of hunger and all budgets, there’s much to like here. Yes, the food is basic but not without imagination and they do a pretty good croque/frites. We liked the informality and friendliness, even on a day when tourists were bursting from every corner. Service was fine for us. And the nearby chateau is a must visit...

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I disagree with some of the reviews below. In my opinion the food was excellent: tasty fries, nice charcuterie plate for me, steak hache for our daughter and omelete for my husband. Reasonably priced. In walking distance from villandry castle.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Needed lunch after a trip to the must see chateau and so walked to this roadside cafe/bistro and sat in the sun/shade and waited...and waited...and waited.
Eventually order was taken and the food - croque monsieur and omelette arrived which was very pleasant. Perhaps there are too many hungry tourists and they don' have to try too hard. Shame.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 22 June 2018

the salads are good but expensive.
the rest we don't know case we don't will try.
the staff are cool.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We decided to have this lunch after we had visited the Château. I had a croques madame and my partner had your friend the vegetarian pizza. He really liked the pizza and what I had was OK. We finished with a crepe and that satisfied our desire for crepes.

Date of visit: October 2017