“A great choice for lunch while visiting Villandry”
Review of La Doulce Terrasse

La Doulce Terrasse
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Villandry
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had a great lunch at this restaurant located at the entrance of the magnificent Villandry chateau. I had pumpkin soup and my wife had vegetarian quiche and salad. The desserts were also excellent. My wife had the raspberry tarte and I had the apple crumble which was the dessert of the day. This is a great place to stop on the way in or out of Villandry while visiting the chateau and gardens.

1  Thank crpeter2450

Reviewed 20 October 2017

This place is just inside the gates of Chateau de Villandry. The restaurant is modest in size but there is a large terrace well sheltered from the sun or wind. I ordered the menu of the day which was a great gaspacho and a crusted fillet of salmon.

1  Thank Terry L
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We ate in the covered area just outside the Chateaux and despite pretty blowy conditions outside it was very pleasant inside! We had the Plat De Jour washed down with a bottle of the local rose and it was really very good, both the food and the wine.
Service was good and all carried out with a smile and a little bit of french humour.
A great place to stop after a trip around the chateaux and gardens.

1  Thank robtee
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch after visiting the gardens (which also allow dogs on leads). The restaurant is right at the Chateau entrance but behind the light refreshments concession. We were welcomed inside their marquee area with our dog who was immediately given a bowl of water.

We had the Duck & Classic burgers for mains; crepes for dessert. All at a high quality and reasonable price. My husband also had the artisan cider which was also very pleasant.

Definitely worth eating here, we were both extremely happy with our choice & like so many other places in France they were incredibly friendly to us as dog owners.

Well done La Doulce Terrasse!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I sat inside, there is also a covered tented area that I didn't fancy. This is just outside the entrance to the chateau at Villandry. Salad very fresh but far too much lettuce. Enjoyed good coffees. Staff great fun and good.