“Worth the parking ticket!”
Review of L'Embellie

L'Embellie
Ranked #5 of 662 Restaurants in Tours
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Wanted a nice place for lunch so checked Tripadvisor and found that this restaurant was no1 in their listing.
Not easy to park close by so after driving around 15 minutes parked where I should not have! A delightful walk to the restaurant , cobbled pedestrian road, super medieval buildings.
A very warm welcome, small but sufficient menu, dishes all beautifully cooked and presented . Very busy so make sure you book. Great place, a shame that you cant park close by!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Ate here as a group of 7 people. Chose from the a la carte menu and every dish was superb....mushroom soup, rouget, foie gras, escargots, salmon, magret and scallops. Catered for the needs of a vegetarian in the group. Absolutely lovely atmosphere - well furnished, quiet and a civilized clientele. Very different than the many touristy restaurants in that part of Tours. Moderately priced food, as was the wine list.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We visited as a family while on holiday in Tours, this was to be our 'treat' meal of our stay and we were not disappointed.
No reservation, lucky to get a table of four in a busy service.

The food was superb, michelin standard. The staff were helpful and attentive and service was swift. The complimentary amuse bouche were delicious and everyone's meal was met with high praise. The truffle and artichoke tarte entree was delicious and the veal sweetbreads were outstanding!

A higher value meal by all means, but worth every penny!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

From the superb welcoming and patient ordering (our French was rusty) to the last course and final goodbye we could not have been happier. The bread and appetizers were excellent. My local white fish and my husband's grilled pork were flavorful and cooked well. I loved my profiteroles and my husbands carmel nougat for desert was very well executed and just sweet enough. Service was at just the right speed. We did not feel rushed or underserved in any way. They graciously helped us arrange transportation back to the train station. Florent, the owner and manager , could not have been more gracious.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

While they were a little bit lacking in not following up their phone call with a text giving the temporary relocated address of the restaurant and we had to phone back to get it, the new location was very pleasant. The food was as could be expected from previous reviews. A 33euro menu included a complementary amuse bouche gazpacho (but they neglected to inform my non-meating partner that it included crisped bacon) Her entree gambas were delicious while my buffalo mozzarella was very good. Her tuna steak initially came out a point when she had requested bien cuit. A waitress spotted the error but it meant that we received our plat at different times as it went back to the kitchen. My lamb was tender and succulent and presented well. Her chocolate and my fruit tart both excellent. All in all an excellent meal.