All reviews yogurt stay there again close to the train station small hotel bread recommend this hotel single room free wifi street parking breakfast was excellent lovely hotel loire valley cathedral cycle
Reviewed 15 April 2018

This hotel was beautiful and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and had all the basics. It was very close to the train station but it was a bit far from the main part of town, it was quite a walk to restaurants, shops, attractions etc. It was a lovely hotel to stay in and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank KatherineY200
Reviewed 8 February 2018

We stayed here on our way back from our break over New year. A really lovely comfortable hotel, bed really comfortable everything we needed in the bedroom. Dog made welcome. The breakfast was excellent and set us up for our trip back to the car ferry. Would recommend this hotel. Its right in the middle of the town, near the cathedral, and close to the shops.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Christine H, Gérant at Hotel du Manoir, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Hello,
Thank you very much for your comment! We are very glad that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I chose this hotel due to its location close to the train station, but not too close. It is very easy to find thanks to google maps and in a somewhat quiet area. We arrived early, around 1045am and while I did not expect to be able to check in early, I did not expect to be told that my room would probably not be ready til 3pm, when on booking sites they say 2pm. Also, I have no idea why the room would not be ready anyhow as there were not many guests there at all! Once finally checked in, the room was an ok size, no AC which was fine as the weather was nice, and the normal squeeze soap on the wall in the bathroom for the shower. I asked for ice and was told I had to wait as she had to turn machine on and it would take a few, I went to check on my ice and the noone was to be found(this happened many times when there was noone at the desk) finally another lady showed up and i tried to communicate what I wanted as obviously the information was not passed on, we went down to the kitchen and finally saw the ice machine, def not what I expected, it was very small!
Breakfast was not included so we agreed to get breakfast in the am at 9euros a person, DO NOT get breakfast, it was terrible. you can go get your own breakfast for a lot cheaper, nasty yogurt, cheap cuts of meat and cheese, some bread, juice and coffee. we got alot better breakfast included in our Paris hotel for cheaper then this place. I guess it all depends on your expectations. Its fine for a decent nights sleep and to be on the outside of the crazy of the tourist area, but I would choose a different hotel next time!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Christine H, Gérant at Hotel du Manoir, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Ms Beshures, thank you for reviewing your stay. I wish you would have told us about these point during your stay or when checking out as it would have been nicer to discuss these point than to explain them on a reply .
You were told your room might not be ready until 3pm, here is why: the hotel was full on the previous night, all rooms including yours had just been freed when you arrived. To be precise, there were 20 rooms to clean, with no idea as to the amount of work there would be since they had not been opened yet. Rooms are being cleaned following a procedure and a logical order to minimize the strain on housekeepers and the cleaning time. We try not to disturb this organization for each and every early check in.
The ice machine has a size adapted to its usual use since we've never been asked for a bucket of ice before and to the available space we have in our small structure. I am sorry you had to wait for ice but there is always someone available at the hotel. Reception can be called from the rooms and there are cameras when we are occupied out of the reception. There is sometimes a few minutes' wait but unfortunately this can hardly be avoided in such small hotels.
Finally concerning breakfast, our products are aimed for hotel and restaurants professionals, our goat cheese is from a local farmer. We have homemade apple crumble and fruit salad. Bread and croissants are made and delivered every morning by a good baker from Tours. It is obvious it wasn't to your taste or up to your expectations, but we do not serve cheap food. Regards, Christine HELAIN

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We were cycling the Loire and booked our room last minute. The Hotel got back to us right away and had a room for us. They also kept 2 large bags for us for 2 days while we cycled to Amboise and back. We were very grateful to them for making our journey so easy.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Great location, breakfast and wonderful staff!

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Beds are comfy. Some rooms are very small.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2017

The hotel is about a fifteen minute walk from the main historic area that has tons of great restaurants and bars. On the walk you will find lots of shopping and some bars/restaurants, but the hub is about 15 minutes away (which is nice, as the neighborhood is very quiet at night). It is also very close to the cathedral which is beautiful. The room itself was perfectly nice - decent beds and standard private bath. I highly recommend taking breakfast in the downstairs basement, as it is a quick, easy and tasty start to your morning. There was a selection of cheeses, sliced meats, hearty rolls, buttery croissants, yogurt and parfait fixings, fruit, jam and nutella for spreads, orange juice and coffee. The BEST part about the hotel, however, is the parking spot! Reserve it ahead of time for a very reasonable nightly fee to avoid the hassle of finding nearby street parking. I will warn you that your car will need to be in the lot no later than 10pm (2200) or the gate will be closed and you will have to park on the street. We discovered this the hard way one night and were lucky to find a nearby spot. My only small complaint about our stay was that we hadn't been told to have the car in the lot by 10pm. Otherwise, our stay was wonderful. It is also worth noting that we stayed here for our whole trip to the Loire Valley, as Tours is so central to the wineries, towns and chateau we were visiting. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Christine H, Gérant at Hotel du Manoir, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay and are glad you enjoyed your stay here. Again, our sincere apologies for this parking issue, since we've known about what happened to you the word has been spread to the whole team to be sure to let guests know about this closing time as soon as they arrive.