All reviews yogurt close to the train station small hotel room was clean loved this hotel bread recommend this hotel street parking breakfast was excellent lovely hotel short stay loire valley cathedral cycle
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I felt very much at home at the Hotel du Manoir. My room felt as if it was in a private residence, and the overall 'look' was pleasantly domestic rather than slick and commercial. Special effort was taken over the breakfast, and the quality of the bedlinens was impressively high (crisp sheets, snowy white bedspread etc.). The house itself is beautiful from the outside, and the location is superb, with the station round the corner and the cathedral very close in the other direction. The only drawback was street noise: I had to sleep with the window shut because of passing cars, which were quite loud but fortunately not voluminous. Nevertheless, I would be more than happy to stay there again and to enjoy the manifold delights of Tours with this as home base. About €88 for a single room including breakfast and good free wifi.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Christine H, Gérant at Hotel du Manoir, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you for this charming feedback, we are glad you enjoyed both hotel and city. It would be our pleasure to have you here again. Best regards

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Beautiful old building set in the heart of the city. Recommended for city tour. Characterful and charming. Staff very helpful. Would be more than willing to stay at this location again and would highly recommend it.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christine H, Gérant at Hotel du Manoir, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

We would like to thank you as we appreciate the feedback and are glad you had a good time in Tours.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

This small hotel is run by two lovely women who take turns at the reception and dining room. I stayed there for one week, and found it absolutely charming. The staff went out of its way to accommodate my various requests. Think family-owned place, with all the flexibility this entails: I could help myself to utensils from the kitchen, use their ironing board, they even did my laundry and folded it on my bed! truly exceptional.

I speak French, so communication was easy and convivial. The breakfast is perhaps the only thing that needs improvement - I had the same basic breakfast for seven days straight - not a single item was added to the menu throughout my stay here. But then again, French breakfasts are like that - coffee, pastry, basically that's all.

The hotel is close to the train station, yet tucked away in a residential area which is extremely quiet. I recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone thinking of visiting Tours. The historical center of the town is 15 minutes walk, and you also have various store and restaurants in close proximity.

Like many French establishments it has not air-conditioning, but it's usually not an issue, as the weather in Tours is usually fair.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2016

This hotel was within walking distance of the train station. It is also close to the cathedral and walking distance from Rue Colbert where many restaurants are located. It is clean, well furnished and the owner is a very nice, helpful woman.
Breakfast was very reasonably priced, with a variety of items on the buffet.
We would definitely stay there again on another visit.

Room tip: We chose a first floor room, but those upstairs, facing the courtyard would be quieter.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2016

This house was sympathetically converted keeping its old world charm and elegance. The rooms are well proportioned with high ceilings and carved cornices. The beds were comfortable and the sheets of good quality. The service was excellent.

Date of stay: August 2016