US$ 193
Bellevue(Amboise)
US$ 105
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 131/night.

Chateau de Perreux - Amboise(Nazelles-Negron)
Free cancellation until 22/07
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 243
US$ 168
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 233/night.

US$ 225
US$ 215
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 239/night.

All reviewsminute walktrain stationexcellent small hotellooked wonderfulgreat start to our holidaysmall french hotelloire valleytea making facilitiesta reviewsconvenient parkingstayed here for nightsstar hotelboth morningsroom was clean and comfortablecharcuteriebaked goodssingle bed
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Overall, I was generally satisfied with my stay. I only gave 4 stars for a couple of minor things: (1) Wifi was glitchy on 1st stay and was slow, and (2) Room was not fully cleaned on one day. These didn't detract from my stay, but 5* = perfect for me. FUll details below:

CHeck-in/out: Very easy. Gate to the parking area was closed when I arrived. So I parked illegally outside and quickly ran in and got the key/code. Reception staff was always friendly and willing to help.

Parking: It is free and easy to access (one advantage of staying outside the old town area). It is a gravel lot with a secured gate that is usually left open during the day. Plenty of spaces.

Room/Bed: I was on the 2nd floor. There are 3-4 rooms per floor and I never heard any noise. Outdoor noise was also nonexistent. The room itself was small, but typical for European standards. If you had 2 people in the room, it would be quite crowded. You couldn't walk around the bed on one side. There was luggage storage and a small cupboard for hanging clothes (no drawers though). Small desk. Small flat screen TV with only French language channels. Plenty of pillows provided and a plug next to the bed. Plenty of lights. Kettle and tea bags provided (although they ran out of black tea on the 2nd day). Bottle of water provided on first day. Bed was comfortable enough.

Bathroom: The bathroom was nearly as large as the room! Separate toilet room. Loudest toilet I have ever heard! If you are staying with someone and go to the restroom in the middle of the night, it would probably wake them up! There was a tub/shower with great water pressure and hot water. Had one of those European half-doors, which means water gets on the floor. Shampoo/body wash combo provided. No other amenities. Plenty of space to put all your bathroom stuff near the sink.

Wifi: As mentioned, it was glitchy. On arrival it wasn't working and they had to reset it. When I woke up on day 2, it was the same. That never happened again, but the wifi wasn't super speedy. I could Facetime with family, but it would often drop the call.

Location: It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the old town where everything is. There is a boulangerie about 3 minutes away. Train station looked to be about a 5 minute walk. It was a pretty quiet street and I actually appreciated the walking to burn off all the food I ate!

My other note above was about room cleaning. I stayed 4 nights. On one morning someone came into the room and just dumped the trash. Left dirty cups out and didn't touch the bed or replace the bath mat. The other days I had full service (bed made, sink/tub wiped down, dirty dishes replaced).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Comfortable and well appointed hotel with very friendly staff who helped us with luggage, booking restaurant and taxi on a rainy evening. Excellent breakfast, plenty of parking space, located on the other side of the bustling town and chateau, reached after a 10 minute walk over the impressive river Loire.

Room Tip: There is no lift and we were on the 2nd floor but staff helped with luggage on arrival
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

This was our third visit and we certainly weren't disappointed. The location is a great base for exploring the sights of the Loire or for heading off further south into France. The car park has been enlarged so there is now a lot of easy parking. The reason to stay here though is for the food and overall dining experience. The garden is lovely and if the weather is good this is the place to eat. Our food was just excellent in every way - each course couldn't have been better and all served by really lovely staff that made the evening even better. This hotel hasn't got views of The Loire or five star accommodation but the rooms are very comfortable and the value for money here we have found hard to beat. We loved it - a wonderful start to our two week 'road trip' through France and Italy. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2017

We stayed here for two nights on a biking trip and absolutely adored this hotel. The bed and room were comfortable, and the room's temperature control was superb. We were very happy with the hotel's rates, which were entirely reasonable. And the food and wine were mind-blowing–for real. You get multiple courses, each one being a gift to the palate. As a vegetarian, all I had to do was let them know about my dietary needs, and the chef was more than up to the task. My husband and I couldn't wait for our second dinner after we got a taste of what the first one was like. But it's the staff members that actually take this place from a solid, high quality hotel to a personal treasure. They were so kind, welcoming, hardworking, and accommodating. They took our bags up to our room for us, which was a relief after a long biking trip. They're also personable, good-humored, and very fun. And thanks to them, we learned about how to ask for Vouvray of the sparkling variety: Petillant! :) The one thing that may discourage some travelers from booking this hotel is that it's not right in the center of Amboise, but don't let that be a barrier to staying here. It's easy to get to the town center, and you're rewarded with a charming, extremely special place. We were sad to leave the hotel when it was time to go, and we'll most definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Our check in with Tomas was not just efficient, it was friendly, welcoming, and went that extra mile......should mention there is parking and of course free WiFi.
our room was No 4 on the first floor, and had air conditioning, essential during the heat wave that we were experiencing.......there was an enormous double bed, plus a single bed, everything one could possibly want, including, in the wardrobe, a tray with a kettle, coffee, tea, milk and sweets......The bathroom was spacious with a walk in shower, but be warned, if you have a disability, the step up into, and therefore the step down out of, the shower is steep. The towels were numerous, indeed we could not have asked for more.
Just one thing, there is not a lift, so make sure you ask for a suitable room.
Sadly the restaurant was not open on a Monday, but Breakfast was a feast....I can't treally think of anything else one could possibly want.
The garden is lovely lots of trees and umbrellas, so definitely shady which is what we needed, and lunch and dinner can be taken out there, should one wish.....
We had dinner there the following day....and what can I say, except I shall fill in a separate review for the most fabulous meal we have each had since arriving in France three weeks ago. Just exceptional.
The service and friendliness at the hotel is remarkable, they all speak English, and will go out of their way to please you in any way they can.
For instance......this holiday is as i said to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary, and at the end of our meal on Tuesday, Tomas brought in a big plate, on which was written in chocolate "Bonne Anniversaire". The plate was filled with petitfours and in the middle was a candle.....just perfect.
Have to mention that apparently the restaurant tends to be fully booked every night, as the fame of the chef has spread...so imperative to book.

In truth, if I could, I would give this hotel 10 stars out of the possible 5, it really was a gem....pretty central, only a short stroll over the bridge into the centre of Amboise.....just a perfect setting, and we were so lucky to have found it.....Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: Note, no lift, so ensure your requests are known, the same regarding a shower rather than a bath....Our room number 4 had air conditioning,
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple