All reviewsjean michelold townwithin the wallswalled citystar hotelhelpful ownersmall elevatorrestaurant recommendationshotel ownersexcellent locationintra murosgreat showerclean roomsparkingdinanfrancelift
Reviewed 18 October 2017

This is a nice, comfortable hotel in the old walled city portion of Saint-Malo. There is parking outside the wall that you can pay for if you have a car. In October it was easy to find a spot but in the summer it may be very difficult. The hotel breakfast is simple, easy, and delicious if you don't want to find your own breakfast and the staff at the hotel are friendly and helpful. The hotel has 6 stories and a very small elevator so it was easier (and healthier) for me to walk up and down the stairs except when I checked in and out. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jbg74
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Right in the old town and a short walk to a great parking spot. Very friendly and helpful owner. Rooms are small but for the price and location, it can not be beaten. Huge bargain. Elevators are small but we have stayed in dozens of places like this throughout Europe. Stayed here for two nights and were very happy! Clean quiet rooms and comfortable beds. Breakfast was the typical French breakfast. Restaurants within a short walk.
Le Bistro de Jean is a great recommendation for the closest restaurant we ate in.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gladfly
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I had made a mess of my booking and hadn't included my child but they couldn't have been more helpful and made sure we were accommodated. The room was perfectly clean and very comfortable. The hotel itself is perfectly located. I couldn't be happier with my stay here, will definitely stay again, and will be very happy to recommend it. Five stars :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Have stayed in lots of hotels in St Malo and this one is one of the nicest. I think the whole towns are going up in quality and this hotel certainly is part of that improvement. Quite small with 3-4 rooms per floor. Nicely decorated in Jules Verne theme. Host very helpful and friendly

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The hotel is located inside the walls of the old city and you can walk EVERYWHERE from there. Very close to the main gate and tourist office. We felt welcome right away - the proprietors were very nice. Our room was very clean and comfortable, and there is even a small lift which is very helpful for dragging luggage to upper floors! Not sure why it's only rated at two stars - we were in other higher rated hotels that were not as nice! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple