All reviews on the small side charming hotel one night sleep reception sea euros
Reviewed 24 August 2018

The welcome was pleasant and warm in fact the staff could not have done more for us. True there is a beautiful sea view from the dining room, it and the reception area were well decorated, stylist and clean. Our room was quite a contrast. Dark, decor worn, carpet dirty, no tea or coffee making facilities, basic toiletries and a ‘welcome pack’ consisting of a 3 biscuit package of crumbs. On the positive it was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was also warm. We did not have an evening meal. Breakfast was an acceptable continental buffet. A very expensive hotel which did not live up to expectation.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn R
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The room is small for two as there is no room to spread your suitcases. Came to Brittany to watch my daughter play the U20 World Cup 2018, since my stay is unpredictable I brought enough personal belongings for the duration of the entire tournament! I prefer to leave my suitcases spread across the floor. There is a wardrobe but too small for two. The toilet door is facing your beds so it’s a bit awkward if you are sharing a room with a friend. However, the decor is modern, the room is clean and the corridor is themed as like you’re in a boat. The bed is comfortable, the towels and the sheets are clean and crisp.
No coffee and tea facility in the room but a small bottle of water for 2 to share was provided.
The reception staffs were very friendly and speaks very good English. The bar staffs I am not sure, it could be the language barrier but I never seen them smile when serving. Very cold people.
I never had breakfast in this hotel as I could never got up on time. One morning I went down and asked for coffee and if possibly have jam on toast. The waitress firmly said no, breakfast is finished. A disappointing service!
The location is not in the centre of St Malo but at the back is the sea! So we were always drinking our coffee with a sea view! A brilliant feeling to start the day!
I was charged with 2 breakffast amounting to 28 euros that we didn’t have and was only refunded 26,80 cents?
All in all this hotel is good for a short visit with hand luggage only.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Charming hotel right on the water. Even in October we had to sleep with the window open to hear the amazing surf. Longer walk to the city but you can walk on the beach if it’s not high tide. Breakfast was very nice and was included. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was small but comfortable and modern. Little thematic touches all over the place. Wonderful restaurant which I recommend you spend at least one night staying in at the hotel. I expect in the summer the beach scene is nice and hope to come back someday with our kids! Great place to stay in St Malo and a great value!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Charming hotel. Slept 2 nights with the windows wide open taking in the wonderful ocean air. 2 perfect nights of sleep. Beds are comfortable, restaurant is delicious, location is perfect for a dip in the ocean either at high or low tide, and a nice walk along the boardwalk to the city center. Would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Fantastically presented hotel, right on the sea front, we booked sea views and they did not disappoint, rooms were quite small but not a problem, we booked a parking space and loved that when we arrived our name was allocated to space number 3, a must to book in advance as there is only 5 spaces,we were traveling by motorcycle so for us Bike security is a must. i can see why others have mentioned parking issues in peak season, but for us it all worked perfect

We enjoyed the walk along the promenade to St Malo which is 3.2 Kms away, there is a great bar in the hotel and an outside terrace, do not hesitate in booking this hotel, a real gem of a find

Reception was very friendly organising a taxi for members of our party who did not want to walk, the same taxi also picked us up for the return joinery from Saint Malo cost around 12 euro, would i book again, yes, would i recommend to friends yes, value for money, excellent, location, a real gem

Room Tip: for 10 euros more a sea view is a no brainer
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Cindy S, Directeur général at Hotel Ar Iniz, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Dear Sedrick the Biker,

Thanks a lot for this comment!

We were glad to welcome you and now even more knowing that you've been fully satisfied!

We totally agree with you : booking your parking at Ar Iniz means no worries!

Best wishes,