The hotel managed to check us in a little earlier than they were expected to. We were alos given what looked like the best room in the house. I sincerely thank them for such a wonderful and unexpectedly impressive stay.
The decor was beautifully done. The room itself had a door that opened onto a balcony overlooking the vibrant area of St Malo- a sight not to be missed. The new refurbishment is of a high standard. WHoever decided to whinge that this was "too modern" couldn't be further from the truth. Its modernisation is sympathetic to its exterior and downstairs decor and doesn't appear to be blingy or look like its stright out of a Next Directory. Its just great. We had a Prestige room - worth paying the extra.
As far as St Malo is concerned, after 1 day at ho,e, I have rebooked for Christmas. The hotel is situated right in the "area to be". Don't hesitate if you are able to pay the E400 for 2 nights we spent.
The hotel also features a panoramic restaurant on its 5th floor that is decorated very tastefully. A great celebration could be spent up here. My only criticism is that it was dead at 8.15 so we didn't eat there, opting for a busy and typically Breton style al fresco dining option where we spent the evening eating seafood and a great Cote de Boeuf.
The check out process is easy with a taxi called for us. The taxi drives to the front door and whisks you away to the port within about 5 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel sits in 1680 landmark; Napoleon III architecture; plaster ceiling reliefs; cove moldings & period reproduction furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Hotel France et Chateaubriand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- France Et Chateaubriand Hotel
- France Et Chateaubriand Saint Malo