“Superb hotel and a great place for vegetarians”
Review of Alexandrie - CLOSED

Alexandrie
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were a group of 6 with a couple of vegetarians. Have read and heard about this a lot and certainly did not disappoint us. Cote du Rhone Wine was good, Taouch with falafel was awesome and mezze chicken dish was splendid. Worth visiting Vichy to go to Alexandrie.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

My partner is a vegetarian, so we often struggle to get a restaurant where we are both happy. We opted for the meze. We had a plate each as a main which is all vegetarian. Great falafel and bread and an excellent bottle of Omar Khayyám Egyptian red wine. Owners very friendly. All round good. Wish I could work my way through the menu.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

The restaurant is located in a quiet back road but sensationally tasty foods are hidden!!
People are very friendly and helpful, some regular customers are also very friendly as well.
Each dish has very generous portion and freshly made to order.
We will definitely go back there very soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

It's not often that I feel guilty after receiving the bill from a restaurant, but that's exactly how we felt at Alexendrie such was the quality of the food. For 3 excellent courses and drinks to come in at 33 euro felt like they weren't charging enough. My wife had the steak and I had the fish as the main the first time we went and both were stunning, the next time my wife had the meatballs and I had the chicken escalope, again they were both great. In addition to the plat de jour, they brought out tasters for us of their falafels (the best I've had outside of Egypt) and the Egyptian cream dessert.

Outside of the great food, they were also perhaps the most accommodating hosts we've had at any restaurant. Not only did they enjoy playing with our 4 month old baby but on the second visit when we needed to change her, they actually did it for us! If you're in Vichy make sure that you visit Alexandrie, even if it's only once.

Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

We arrived for dinner quite late and came into a this restaurant randomly. It had a hint of culture with Egyptian models and paintings. It was a long conversation at first, as there was no-one who spoke much English. We couldn't speak French either. Eventually we get got there with hand gestures and actions. They genuinely tried there hardest to translate it. The food was fresh, tasty and delicious. We loved it! We had a great time as everyone was so funny, helpful and friendly. We definitely recommend it!