“Amazing venue for Lunch on a sunny spring day!”

Le Bistro D'en Face
Ranked #2 of 150 Restaurants in Bergerac
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This the second time I have been to this restaurant, and the first time for lunch. It was the first really sunny and warm day of springtime this year. We had the oysters and ham courses for entree, and the beef and fish for mains. All the dishes were really super! Great Bergerac wines at very modest prices. The hostess and owner is very nice and the whole team is friendly. If you can’t speak any French, you’ll still eat very well here!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I visited this restaurant for lunch with friends on a bank holiday. We arrived just after noon and were the first people in, although it got busier as time went by. Unfortunately the weather was not great so we couldn't experience the terrace overlooking the river but the interior was nicely decorated.

Starters were fairly large (the platter of ham was easily enough for 2 but I was hungry so no complaints!) and were all well received. We ordered steaks as mains and while delicious they were definitely undercooked (I ordered medium-rare, what arrived was probably the rarest steak I've ever eaten). It came with a nice Béarnaise-style sauce in a shot glass, a couple of decorative flourishes and some decent chips. Even though it was cooked less than I usually like it was very good and definitely recommended.

The house wines were fantastic and they also have a couple of nice local beers. If you can make it on a warm sunny day I imagine it would be the perfect place for a leisurely lunch.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

A very nice place to have a relax meal of very high standard at an affordable price.
The owners, who have recently come back to Bergerac, are nailing it again with a very nice menu in a new location for Bergerac.
I strongly recommend

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I ate here with my mother and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food however I was disappointed with the little piece of foie gras given as a starter for €9 but that remains the only fault. The service was absolutely splendid and one of the best ! I look forward to visiting the restaurant again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

First visit to this lovely modern bistro for lunch to celebrate my wife's birthday. Food was delicious and nice to see Bergerac from this vantage point. Tasteful decor in a light and airy room with pleasant service and fantastic flavours in every course we had. Will definitely return!