“superb location”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Au Pied du Marche

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Au Pied du Marche interior
Diner a deux
La Vieille Maison (exterior of building)
Medieval Sarlat (rue Fenelon)
Beynac castle
What better way to see Sarlat
Canoeing on the Dordogne
Watching the world pass by............
Winding streets of medieval  Sarlat
Sarlat's amazing architecture
Market day in Sarlat
Classic car rallies in the Dordogne
Sarlats colourful market
Christmas In Sarlat
Truffle Fair 12/13 January
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 29 reviews

Reviews from our community

keith58_1...
Scarborough, QLD, Australia
“close to the square, but not clean”
Reviewed 24 October 2011 for a stay in June 2011

There was lots of black hairs in the kitchen sink and shower and despite being just mopped the floor felt very dirty. I think the dirt had been just moved around. Also the sheets were a jersy material and had all balled up and felt dirty too. The mattress was also the worst we had encountered on our trip, with us rolling into the middle of the bed. We had to pay a hefty deposit that we had not had to pay anywherre else in our 7 week holiday in Europe. Despite having called to say we were arriving at a certain time there was no one there to meet us and no one answering the phone. So when she eventually turned up, she had all sorts of excuses. So overall not a very good experience. Previously I had stayed at Chambres du Glacier and it was fantastic in every way.

Date of stay: June 2011
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: position
Liked least: poor cleanliness
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
23 Oct 2011
I was shocked and horrified to read this review, as at no time during, at the end or since their stay(5 months ago) did this guest give any indication of there being a problem. All guests are given our 3 telephone numbers and are asked to contact us should there be any problems which we would of course see to straight away. If this guest had done so, we could have given her a different kind of sheet and re-mopped the floor or whatever was required within half an hour and she would have had a great stay and I would not be writing this now.

With regards to the cleanliness, I personally clean both apartments as I am paranoid about cleanlines and no-one else's standards are good enough. My standard cleaning procedure is to strip and clean the fridge,feather dust the 5m high ceiling and then vaccumn all floor surfaces including the cupboards and shower to ensure that no dust or hairs are left behind. All surfaces are then wiped down using a bleach product to make them germ free and clean and the floor is treated likewise. The bed is then made up using freshly cleaned and ironed bedlinen. All sheets are renewed once a year to ensure there are no signs of wear.

The flooring in the apartment is laminate and perhaps the lady doesn't realise that it doesn't shine like a polished wooden floor.

The mattress is only 2 years old and despite having a good occupancy rate since this guest left, no-one has had any problem with the mattress.

We require a 175Euro damage deposit for our apartments, this is displayed on the Flipkey website and in every correspondence we have with our guests. This is standard practice for self-catering exclusive use units and at least 8 of the 16 Flipkey featured Sarlat properties have this requirement.

As we live 45 mins away from the apartment, we ask all,our guests to give us an approximate time of arrival in advance and then to ring us on our business number on their day of arrival when they think they are about an hour away from Sarlat. On arrival at Sarlat I ask them to ring my home number and if there is no response to ring my mobile. This lady continued to ring my mobile number which unfortunately was putting her direct onto the answer-machine and was not ringing at my end. In the meantime I had been waiting around the corner for these guests since midday and could have been with them in 3 mins. This guest eventually rang my business number and my husband was able to contact me immediately to let me know they had arrived. I am sorry that this happened (the first time in 3 years that we have had a problem) and to guarantee this never happens again we have bought a second mobile phone.
Ski Norway
Reviewed 2 October 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Date of stay: August 2011
Your age range 45-54
koala1000
London
“A wonderful place to stay in Sarlat”
Reviewed 12 August 2011 for a stay in May 2011
people found this review helpful

I stayed in Sarlat for a week in May 2011. Rhona met me in town on the day of my arrival and advised me with my sightseeing plans for the coming week. I have to admit the place was perfect for me. It's is just a minute walk from the main square, which you can just about to see from your window.
The apartment has everything you would need for your stay and the welcome basket was the most thoughtful. The place is clean, safe with a lots of charm, so if you are coming to Sarlat look no further. I would definitely recommend it, as a perfect base to visit all Dordogne has to offer.
The only thing I missed was the internet, but there is free wifi in most of the bars and cafes in town.
Just a little tip for those with the car. The car park opposite La Coulverine Hotel is free exept in July and August.

Date of stay: May 2011
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the flat itself and it's location
Liked least: lack of internet
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
LEICSTERSHIRE

Reviewed 14 June 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Date of stay: February 2011
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.