“Privacy please....”

Ranked #9 of 173 Hotels in Bordeaux
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Privacy please....”
Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

This is my second time in the last 2years. The hotel still looks great. We got a better room with a better interior design, according to my individual taste. But no more chocolat bar on the bed after housekeeping finished the job. Well, no big deal. Everything was so nice untill some ladies (not housekeeper) check on my room several times a day. Even when I was inside the room, they did not knock! And they kept coming in without any importance. At last, I hung the 'do not disturb' hanger on my door to keep them away.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank HennyKheng
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Beautifull hotel, very well located!

We enjoyed our stay here, very comfortable room with a nice bed.
We will return!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marg112
Guests_relation, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to welcome you to the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us and thank you very much for your wonderful comments.

We all look forward to seeing you back in a not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed 13 May 2012

As a birthday treat my husband booked a suite for us in the Grand Hotel in bordeaux. At 1000 euros a night I was expecting luxury. The suite was fine in terms of quietness and space, but the decoration was a bit tacky. Breakfast in our room at a whopping 40euros each, was terribly disappointing. Cheap breads and jams, no butter dish and a cooked breakfast that was Inedible and unappetising.

The staff were all lovely - hardworking, helpful and unfailing polite. My overall impression- if you are looking for somewhere special in Bordeaux I am sure there are much cheaper hotels of a much higher standard, it was a big disappointment and not worth the money

Room Tip: Try the Best Western which is just around the corner
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank mjm49uk
Guests_relation, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear Mrs. Sallee,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa.

After several exchanges of emails, as you clearly indicated you were ready to write a negative comment on trip advisor if you didn’t get compensation, so, I’m not surprised to read your note on the site.

As I indicated you threw my email, I can perfectly understand the fact you didn’t appreciate the Jacques Garcia’s decoration, I take the opportunity to precise we have been awarded two years in a row by Villégiature awards for the “Best interior design in a hotel in Europe” and “Best hotel ambiance and image in Europe”

For the breakfast, I would like to assure you that the bread is fresh from the morning and we use French jams in the old. As you can see on the others Trip Advisor comments, we have very good feedbacks about our breakfast and I am really sorry if your experience was not similar to the other customers.

Nevertheless, in spite of this bad experience, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your positive comments on our employees who are doing their best to provide the best experience at all our guests.

With my best Regards.
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I have just read the review from Shanagarry and while I am sorry for her I wouldn't like other Irish people to be put off! We had a wonderful overnight stay and found the staff extremely professional and charming.
It is not unusual in France for the WC to be separate from the bathroom and for there not to be a wash-hand basin. I dont remember the layout in our room.
The room was charming-not enormous but gorgeously decorated in a manner in keeping with the style of the Grand. The spa was really nice and the rooftop terrace would be glorious in nice weather.
You could not get a better location in Bordeaux although most of the city centre hotels aren't far away from the Grand. If you are going to be in Bordeaux on the first Sunday of the month enquire beforehand about the €6 tickets for the Sunday morning concert at the Grand Theatre which is just opposite. It lasts about an hour but you get to hear some nice music and see the wonderful interior,
The most memorable part of the stay was when we decided to take the tram to the Prince Noir Restaurant(-it was very good.) The concierge had recommended the Restaurant and he had also told us take a taxi-good advice! I asked him to write down the address of the restaurant in case we got lost. He gave me his card saying: "Madam, if you are lost call me and I will send the car for you"! I thought that was priceless. We didn't get lost (luckily) but I thought that was great service. I would advise the taxi though unless you are very familiar with Bordeaux.
A truly lovely stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anne M
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you to the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa and we are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us!

Thank you for these wonderful comments and congratulations for our services and the team. I will not fail to congratulate them for their excellent work.

We trust that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Bordeaux in a not too distant future.

Best regards,
all over
Reviewed 4 May 2012

You pay for what you get, and in this case it is a quality hotel in the heart of the city close to all of the monuments with plush rooms and wonderful beds. The reception and room service staff were pleasant and helpful and the tourist office is a block away for any information you might need.

One thing, the breakfast while an amazing spread, had a bad staff. They couldn't have worked harder at looking busy but no one in the room was getting their coffee or any help. That was the only downfall though, so not too bad.

Wifi works great throughout the hotel. Gym is top of the line and very modern.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank eat_drink_and_sleep
Guests_relation, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa for your last visit in Bordeaux and for taking the time to give us a feedback on your experience.

I feel very concerned to read that you have not been totally satisfied with the service of the Brasserie L’Europe for the breakfast. Would you please accept my sincerest apologies and you can be assured that I personally share your comments with our Food & Beverage Manager that a corrective action will be taken.

Looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa, I remain at your entire disposal.

With all my very best regards,