All reviews tourist office star hotel taxi rank perfect location would stay here again the river plugs stops
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Our room was small but good enough for our two nights stay. Next to the theater and to the main monuments, streets and bars. Two blocks from the river. You can walk everywhere. Bordeaux is an amazing city with a lot of cultural events and things to do

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2018

The best thing about this simple hotel - for me, anyway - is the view directly onto Bordeaux's classic 19th century opera house.
So I booked a room with the price needed for a 'room with a view' (and large windows) onto the opera house.
I was put into room on the 5th floor with a port-hole window through which one could peer at... the sky.
Last week I was going to Bordeaux again, so I e-mailed the hotel saying that I would like to book a room - with a view: I got a reply saying I could book a 'single room' - no mention of view - at Eu70 (which is the price for a view).
When I wrote back to ask for confirmation concerning the view - no reply. Wrote again - no reply. Wrote again: reply - asking me to confirm the booking.. but guess what - no mention of view.
So I booked at another hotel (Acanthe) which not only confirmed a view - but even asked which street I preferred the view to be on!

Room Tip: Insist on room with view of opera house and not on the 5th floor with port-hole windows with a 'limited view' of...... the sky!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Lets start off with the pros:
- Excellent Location
- Clean linen
- Clean toilet

Now for the experience.
You arrive at a hotel that has no reception, only a pulled down metal courtain and a small door with a code.
They have two adjecent hotels, so you need to walk to the second one to check in. As we got in the welcome was not the best, dirty walkway that leads to an even dirtyer lift. Go to the third floor, enter the room and pluck your hair out.

A shabby room, full of dust topped off with a dirty and warn out carpet. On the walls dust everywere. A hot and stuffy air hit us.
No AC, a comodity you might say, but in summer with 27.0 C, this is torture (a broken comfort fan was provided...to no avail, but nice pice of furniture). The room did offer a balcony with a big window on the Opera of Bordaux, but they forgot the buisy street ALL night long. So we decided to 'sleep' with the windows open. Car...motorbike...truck...dump-truck...car...car...NO SHUT-EYE. So tou go out on the small balcony, to find yourself in an insect jungle feeding on the dead gerany that are still in moldy vases.

We booked here two nights, at 3 am of the first we left. No refound possible...but who cares, we whent to a different hotel the second night.

For over 60€ per noght I expected better, as other locations have prooven.

Sorry but I will not stay here again. Good luck.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert O
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel L'Opera was very basic but met our needs perfectly with its location. Based in the heart of the city, with the grand theatre across the road, a tram stop for connectivity and the tourist centre on the doorstep.

A special mention to the gentlemen on reception during our departure 1st June 2018. He (didnt catch the name) arranged a taxi during the early hours, after an error was made with the firm, and stayed with us to see we set off safely. Many thanks for going that extra mile at such an unsocialable hour.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately one of the worst experience in my 22 years of travel.
The hotel is located inside a build without reception . Rooms ( at least my one) is as indicated in the picture. My question is “how can potentially 4 persons cold stay inside that room without wardrobe...whit a shower for child ? Room smells of dirty moquette and the only electricity plug is just close to bathroom. I paid 8 euros for a self service (breakfast )? Very very poor and finally as a cherry on the sweet cake at 8 o’clock on Monday morning a workman smoking a cigarette was painting the corridor window..I do not know how this can be called hotel .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business