All reviews great location amazing hotel and staff comfort room quiet street very nice boutique hotel single room executive room we loved our stay restaurant recommendations highly recommend this hotel within easy walking distance comfy bed stay there again central location main sights mac and cheese city break
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Great location - you can walk pretty much anywhere you'll want to go in Bordeaux from the hotel.
High quality rooms with modern styling, very comfortable beds and linen.
Marie at reception was super helpful throughout our stay, she gave us three restaurant recommendations and they were all terrific.
Free decent Wifi throughout the hotel.
The only slight negative for us was that breakfast is not terribly exciting or generous. We ended up going to the Paul 100m from the hotel where we could get more food of equal quality for much less than €12 each.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Sandrine B, Propriétaire at Hotel de Tourny, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear Chris M,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel de Tourny for you recent stay in Bordeaux.

As you noted, we have an excellent location in the heart of Bordeaux.

We are delighted your enjoyed our decor an the confort of our premium beds.

Thank you again for your compliment about our staff (mainly Maria). We are always looking for making the stay of our guest the most enjoyable.

We note your remark about the breakfast even it is a full fresh continental one what is rare...

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Warm regards.

S. & JP. Burgeat and the whole team

Reviewed 2 November 2016

What a gem of a hotel. It was such a pleasure to have stayed at this property. From the impeccable service to the impeccably designed spaces, the experience here was top notch.

Hotel de Tourny is a boutique establishment featuring just 12 fully refurbished rooms, off Place Tourny which flanks the very epicenter of town. The location, as such, is quite central and in close walking distance to most points of interest within the city: Plade de la Comèdie, Operal National de Bourdeaux, Place des Quinconces, etc.

Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted, run through a brief orientation, then directed to our rooms. Rooms are elegantly decorated in ultra-modern fashion juxtaposed against architectural elements of an age gone by featuring high ceilings and oversized windows in this 18th century structure. While these common themes are seen throughout the room, each individual chamber is cleverly designed to take on its own distinct characteristic.

The bathroom was just a nice, with designer fixtures, shower featuring Rituals toiletries and a separate toilet. Complimentary water was always stocked in the room and wi-fi access is also free.

Breakfast is an intimate affair taken in the cozy dinning room facing the garden. It's a fairly good value at €12 p/p.

A truly remarkable experience: I look forward to the opportunity to lodge here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank theflyinggazelle
Sandrine B, Propriétaire at Hotel de Tourny, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear yappingwithyomi,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to giving us this wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are so pleased to read the kind words about your recent stay with us and many thanks also for your nice comment about our staff, our decor, our bathroom, our breakfast, our location, our ... You liked everything and coming from an experienced traveler like you is a great compliment!!

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us and on behalf of the whole team, we look forward to welcoming you back someday soon.

With kind regards,

S. & JP. Burgeat, owners

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Very Nice Boutique Hotel & Breakfast, Wonderful People at Reception!!
They provide all information & services, best concierge services
Pierre and Anaele are very very helpfull in many situations
Check-in and check-out very quickly
We loved and will be back!!!

Room Tip: Try the Suites, very nice & comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Sandrine B, Propriétaire at Hotel de Tourny, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Bonjour SOLI_Brazil,

Many thanks for your nice review. We are pleased that you consider the Hotel de Tourny as an "Excellent Place to Stay !!!!"

We read with pleasure that you enjoyed the quality and availability of our staff. The "savoir-recevoir" is really our brand mark.

We look forward to seeing you during your next stay in Bordeaux and we'll be glad to offer a new experience in our very nice & comfortable Suites.

Warm regards,

S. & JP. Burgeat and the entire team of the Hotel de Tourny

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Stayed there on October 27, 2016 in room 24. I booked this hotel based on tripadvisor's reviews and for the most part they were true, such as friendly staff, clean rooms, and good location. HOWEVER, if you are driving then I recommend you look for another hotel and here is why: I had a car for my visit to beautiful Bordeaux and once I found the hotel, which is located on a very narrow single street, there was no place for me to unload my luggage (I am not talking about parking but just stopping the car in front of the hotel to unload one's luggage). The front desk agent, Pierre, told me to park the car on the street while I was unloading my luggage and I did that, but when I returned to my car, to drive away and to park it, there was a piece of paper (traffic citation) on my windshield. I showed the paper to Pierre, since I do not know French, and he said it was nothing just a warning. Well, here is what upsets me the most. It's when people think, because you are a foreigner in their country that you don't know anything. But I had the paper translated and it was a traffic citation, in the amount of 17 Euros, that will be mailed to the owner of the vehicle. Well, I think that the right thing would be for the hotel to refund the traffic citation and disclose to guests that they cannot stop their cars in front of the hotel to unload their luggage to check in. That is why I do not recommend this hotel if you are driving.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Sandrine B, Propriétaire at Hotel de Tourny, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Bonjour Carlos M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

However, we wish to clarify certain points so that readers understand the real situation:
- As you noted, our hotel is located in the heart of Bordeaux, in a building of the 18th century who had no underground parking...,
- We work with a public car park 200 meters from the hotel, where our guests enjoy very interesting price,
- Upon the arrival of our customers, our staff is always there to unload your luggage,
- The street parking is limited, and we did nothing! It is the responsibility of our customers decide to pay or not. Our responsibility can not be engaged on this,
- Document that you found on your windshield because you did not pay your parking does not constitute a traffic citation but it is a "INFORMATION" indicating a breach of the parking regulations. Therefore, our staff did not lie and you actually informed of the situation,
- At this date, you probably not receive any traffic citation and you have yet nothing to pay,
- Last but not least, we are delighted to welcome a large number of guests coming from anywhere around the world and we are always available to make them confortable with the French rules and laws.

The whole team of the Hotel de Tourny is every day focused on what has become our trademark: "le savoir-recevoir" This is also what appears in other reviews left by our customers.

We regret this inconvenience and we regret especially that it is the only thing you've learned from your stay in our hotel. In any event, we humbly believe that this does not justify denigrating our establishment to other travelers.

Regards

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Very close to all that Bordeaux offers, this lovely little hotel was a delightful place to stay. Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly young staff. Its location is hard to beat as everything a visitor wishes to see is within easy walking distance.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Sandrine B, Propriétaire at Hotel de Tourny, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Bonjour BelfastBoy49,

We thank you very much for this nice review !

We are delighted to read how you enjoyed your stay in our "friendly place", especially thanks to our young staff and our location in the heart of Bordeaux.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards.