All reviewsred wallswine merchantthe riverfitness centercold meats and cheesesseparate toilet and bathroombus stophotel restaurantbuffet breakfastspeak frenchdecent hotelquiet at nightreception staffbed was very comfortablemini barside streetcity
Reviewed 24 July 2015

Had just one night here as part of a 7 Day Coach trip to Southern France and Spain.
Conveniently located on Bus No. 4 route into the City Centre and a handy tram car trip to return means just a short walk back to the hotel.
The rooms are reasonable size, very clean and the hotel provides a good buffet breakfast including a reasonable selection of hot foods

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Sophie R, Directrice at Mercure Bordeaux Chateau Chartrons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2015

Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience.
Your satisfaction is exactly what we are searching for; therefore your compliments are a great reward for us.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2015

INCREDIBLE service, and I do mean incredible, if only all staff in every hotel were like this life would be a dream. These people go out of their way to help in any way imaginable, I cannot commend them highly enough, a great team and great individuals. The rooms are nice, basic Mercure, the lobby and environs quirky in a lovely way. Everyone speaks wonderful English, the location is great. I will never stay anywhere else in Bordeaux again!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business

Dear Madam, Sir,
Thank you very much for the time you spent writing a comment on Tripadvisor website and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Your comment is very important for us and it will shared with all of us.
We are looking forward to welcome you next time.
Yours faithfully

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Very nice hotel 20 minutes walking from the center of Bourdeaux. Bus stop (#4) close to the hotel and 5 minutes walking to the tram.

Room: 8/10: clean and nice (too soft mattress for me). Privilege room includes free minibar and Nesspreso (it is worth)
Amenities: 6/10: few, as usual in Mercure hotels
Breakfast: 7/10: few things, but good quality
WIFI: 10/10: free and nice speed
Staff: 8/10: very nice people, speaking many languages.
Price: 9/10: usual level in France (110€ +10€ Privilege room), but better quality than average.

Room Tip: Give privilege room a change
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.
My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.

Reviewed 22 May 2015

This hotel is situated on the fringe of Bordeaux. We only stayed one night as part of a tour. The room was of a reasonable size with basic facilities. It was clean and the bed comfortable. There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room and the wifi was free and worked well. We ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Sophie R, Directrice at Mercure Bordeaux Chateau Chartrons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2015

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Reviewed 20 May 2015

If you are driving to the costa del sol, this is a good stop before crossing into Spain. Bordeaux for me is a wonderful city and has been a favourite of mine ever since I first visited while on a cruise. The hotel is not located near the centre but for me when you have a loaded car I do look for secure underground parking which the hotel does have for a nominal charge. The front of the hotel has the old world character but inside it is very modern and attractive. You can pull of the main road at the front of the hotel to check in and the proceed to the car park which has stairs up to the hotel lobby.

Check in was good and compliments to receptionist Soizic who was very helpful in explaining the amenities of the hotel. Our room was very comfortable as were the beds.

We had a simple lunch in the restaurant which was fine.

Breakfast was very good with plenty of choices. We only stayed the one night but would be happy to return in the future.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Sophie R, Directrice at Mercure Bordeaux Chateau Chartrons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2015

Dear Sir,