“Very helpful, Friendly but Food not my Taste” 3 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Very helpful, Friendly but Food not my Taste”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Tucked in the back of an ordinary looking take-away shop is a cute little casual seating area. They were so helpful and friendly and couldn't do enough for us. They didn't have the vegetarian option I had wanted so they offered to make something up for me, unfortunately, it wasn't to my taste but that's not their fault. My husband, a carnivore, enjoyed his food.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Sydney75123
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

philadelphia
“high quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

My wife and I shared a doner kebab -- it was delicious. Good stop for a quick and filling meal at a reasonable price.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank prosier
“Fresh, home made arabic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Having seen it's high rating and good reviews on Trip Advisor, I am not one to indulge in take-away food while on holiday, but I just had to try out and see what everyone was recommending!

The staff were very friendly, and sat us down at a table at the back in the one room which accommodated probably another 5 tables. I personally enjoyed it as it felt like I was in that person's house, I was experiencing the way that they eat and do things, and it was also very re-assuring to see locals in there too, especially ethnic locals with their families, it re-assured me that the food here must be good!

The service was good, and even though it is a take away at the front, it didn't felt "take-away rushed", the food arrived in a reasonable time and there was plenty of it! Definitely filled us up and very delicious! It wasn't greasy, all fresh and plentiful!

Highly recommended if you want something different than what's around.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada
“A reminder of the great food of Turkey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Wanting to avoid carbohydrates, I felt in the mood for Greek food, but when I stumbled upon Cappadoce on Trip Advisor, I knew that I had to try it out.

The food was fresh and delicious, and reminded me of Istanbul. The Coban Salatasi for two people was certainly enough to get our appetite going, and reminded me how much I enjoy parsley and lemon in salads.

I chose the Cappadoce platter, which included a mix of meats, some salad, rice and fries. I wish I'd listened closer when I asked about garnish, because I'd have skipped the rice. Even so, what I ate I loved and what I didn't eat looked great.

€37 for the two of us, and worth every penny.

The gentleman who took our order, who I imagine is an owner, treated us so nicely. After we ate, seeing that we'd left all the rice on our plates, he said, "But you didn't eat!" with a cheery voice. We felt very tell taken care of.

Well worth the 2 km round trip walk from our hotel. I imagine we'll go there again before we leave town. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jbrainsberger
“So fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

This place is great in every way. Cheap, fresh, flavorful and you can eat your doner on the street and wash it down with an efes. It's all good.