All reviews superior double room hotel is located small square convenient location renovated room an iron underground parking yogurt breakfast room on foot old town france city carpet centre station noel
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great with loads of shops, restaurants, and bars only steps away, just a 10 minute walk to the cathedral, and on the edge of Petit France.

Check-in was swift. All hotels should do this! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a lift, which seemed a bit shabby.

Our room was large enough, but was not very welcoming or comfortable to hang out in. The bed was on the firm side. There were power outlets at each nightstand--excellent for charging phones and devices at bedside! There was no mini-fridge in the room, but the hotel said they do have a few available, so that's nice to know they exist.

The bathroom was decent size with a shower (only) that had very little mold, which housekeeping could easily scrub away. The shower water pressure was good and the hot water stayed hot. There was a wall-mounted, two speed hair dryer.

The free WiFi worked well. The hotel has a small parking garage for a fee, and a reservation is required. Our stay was OK (loved the convenient location!), and the price was very reasonable, but I'd be tempted to look elsewhere the next time I'm in Strasbourg.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Cl_HUBSCHER, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel de France, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Sir
We thank you for all your valuable comments and will not fail to do so to the people concerned in order to improve our service
With our best regards

Cl HUBSCHER
manager

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Overall I liked this hotel and if I go back to Strasbourg again will probably go back to the hotel.We arrived here on the morning train around 10 and since the check in was about 2 we were told that the room was not ready and they offered to keep our bags and explained the location and the sites to see etc. The staff were very friendly and willing to help. The only reason I gave them a 4 star is because we needed an iron box to press our clothes and we did not have one in the room and requested for one which was never sent. This is probably because they are very busy and I dont hold it against them. The room is large for European standards and the our stay was super comfortable.Two things stood out to me 1) The A/C was slightly noisy did not bother me but if you are a light sleeper it could. 2) The balcony had cigarette butts so they could do a better job with the cleaning.The rooms and the restrooms were spic and span.

Room tip: Find a room facing the Rue de Jue des infants
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The hotel is in the convenient location - you can reach everything easily on foot. Also, staff was great and helpful. I liked the room as well: it was spacious and comfortable. Since it was stifling, I appreciated conditioning system as well. I also liked that the hotel had a parking place, however, have in mind it's pretty narrow, therefore, we had some difficulties with a big car. On the other hand, everything's is easily solved with good driving skills :)
All in all, I would recommend this hotel - price rate is acceptable as well.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cl_HUBSCHER, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel de France, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Madam
We thank you for your comment and for choosing our hotel
We hope to welcome you soon again

with my best regards

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We stayed at this hotel two times. The first in 2009 and then again in 2014. Both times the staff were accommodating and helpful. We asked fir the same room we had and it was given to us. The room was brand new the first time, very large and comfortable enough for a family of four. The double bed was comfortable, the kids beds were added and not so comfy. The bathroom was large and had space for all of our things. The toilet was in a separate room, which was helpful since there were so many of us getting ready at once. The view was to a small square and a fountain. There was a parking garage which was dark but got the job done. Excellent bakery right around the corner, essentially behind the hotel. This was one of the few places we could find to accommodate a family of 4.

Room tip: Ask for a view to "Rue du jeu des Enfants"
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

ear Madam
We are happy that you and your family have had a pleasant stay in our hotel
Strasbourg is a beautiful town and our central location allows for beautiful walks
To the pleasure of finding you again
With my best regards

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Price quality is excellent. In the heart of the old town this renovated hotel. Very riendly staff, clean rooms, not too spacious, but will do just great for a good night sleep. Beds were very good; we slept very well, until the start renovating the building next to the hotel at 6:30am...
Shower is ok, you'll notice if other guest start taking a shower as well, water temperature will vary during your shower session!
Breakfast is again, price quality, good. Although, for the same amount (9€ pp) you can have a better breakfast at the local "Boulangerie".
Owm and if your car is bigger than a ford ka or focus? Take another parking than the one of the hotel, this is old and freaking small!!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Cl_HUBSCHER, Gérant at Best Western Hotel de France, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear client,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not reaching your expectations. We are trying to do our best to satisfy every customers despite unexpected encounters.

Due to restoration work going on in our hotel we understand your dissatisfaction on air conditioning, breakfast, noise or difficulties with hotel access.

You need to know that your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience, once works will be done.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 03.88.32.37.12.

Alexis NACHER