“Amazing lobster roll”
Review of Burger and Lobster - CLOSED

Burger and Lobster
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

Amazing brioche bun lobster roll.
Just perfect.
Lobster in the shell was fantastic too.
Must pay a visit.
Recommended.

Jack D, Manager at Burger and Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2016

Thank you so much for giving us a review! I agree the lobster roll is perfect!! next time you come you should try our burger too it's just as delicious!

Hope to see you again soon!

Many Thanks

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

This is really good restaurant in good location. The building is really well renovated and done to a modern standard. The service is really good and couldn't do enough for us......
The food was as expected cooked lovely, they gave us two options of cooking the lobster I went for the grilled. Very nice, I also shared a burger again tasty...
For £20 each this place is great value for money

Reviewed 7 January 2016

Visited here last week (group of 4) and have mixed reviews due to the following:

When we arrived we were shoved in a corner of the restaurant when there was booths available (it wasn't that busy and there was a lot of better located seats). We were not asked by the server if we had visited before and knew how it all worked - I know it is common sense you either have a burger or lobster and its £20 but nothing was noted down about any sides or desserts or toppings for the burgers or specials. We asked if there was menu and told no which I did expect (but they are missing a big trick here as they could upsell sides) so then when we went to order we were told you can have a cocktail included in the price of £20 as a lunchtime special - there was some confusion from the waiter on just having a standard spirit and mixer instead of a cocktail.

Then when we came to order we were given multiple options on our order (steamed, grilled, what sauce) and then my friend ordered the burger as she’s not keen on lobster and then was asked if she wanted extra toppings and it all had to be reeled off by the waiter who we couldn't understand and he couldn't understand us...

The drinks took a long time to come for basic drinks (not cocktails) but the food wait was good and arrived in a good time. The burger looked a massive let down and was in a sesame seed bun - again not standard for a burger bun and as we didn’t have info or a menu on this my friend was disappointed and didn’t eat the bun - the burgers are not worth £20 whether they include a drink or not. All the salads were drenched in dressing so 2 of us didn't eat the salads.

The lobster and dressing which was in side dish was GORGEOUS and is worth the £20 value – so on this basis I would definitely return for the lobster dish again. But it isn’t a filling dish (as you will know with lobster you don’t get a lot) and the fries and lobster is quite a small meal and left us hungry later so again it is an expensive meal just for this.
Throughout the meal and whole experience the service was bad, it wasn’t a busy day so this doesn’t explain it. We weren’t asked if we wanted another drink and our plates were left on the table for ages. The servers could be seen and were not busy, we eventually managed to get a servers attention and asked for the bill, it took ages to come so we started to put our coats up and was about to put the cash on the table when the bill arrived, the amount was £7.60 more than it should have been and I thought there had been a mix up with the drinks and asked the waitress. Shockingly the £7.60 was a service charge automatically added to the bill – I told her I wasn’t pleased and she did politely say its not compulsory so I told her that can be taken off the bill straight away, in which she looked shocked about. We left the amount for the meal and no service charge as the service was bad and a tip wasnt due in our opinions.
Overall my cousin and her partner wouldnt return here but my husband and I would just for the lobster but we wouldnt rush back... I would not recommend the burgers, they are not worth the money but the price for the lobster is good value.

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

Very simple place, you either eat a lobster or a burger. I recommend taking the lobster as they are priced the same and the burger looked a bit small. Lobster meal was really good and staff super friendly and nice. All in all a nice place to enjoy lobster meat.

Jack D, Manager at Burger and Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Thank you so much for your review it is appreciated, I agree the lobster is delicious and so is our burger! both very tasty and filling..

Hope to see you again soon!

Many thanks

Reviewed 3 January 2016

I've been wanting to visit this, but the one in London always has large queues, and I am not up for that. Well worth it - £20 for a well cooked lobster and sides.

Thank you for your review! and yes our lobsters are definitely worth £20! They are delicious!

Hope to see you again soon

Many thanks