1,692 results
All reviews honey restaurant rooftop bar inner sanctum brass bar welcome cocktail fur throw afternoon tea private members quirky touches mini bar king street quirky hotel turn down service top floor amazing hotel on arrival birthday treat
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed with a friend on a weekday night as we were attending an event in Manchester. I was really impressed with this hotel. The staff were really accommodating and the decor was so cool and quirky. The room we had was really opulent and had great views over the city. We spent the evening in the rooftop bar which was really stunning, like something you'd expect in New York. I would definitely come here again on a special occasion!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear thecatsguitar

Thank you for this stunning review of your recent visit to our hotel .

I am so grateful for your kind words with regards to the staff also about your overall experience, and I do appreciate your feedback

I do hope your next visit will be sooner rather than later and I look forward to welcoming you back.

we love new York

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Struggling to see the Gotham as a full five star operation. The reception is squeezed into the lift lobby on the sixth floor, and there are no guests' common areas. The bar in the penthouse is more an upmarket drinking club for locals than a restful place for hotel guests. The star of the building is the old banking hall but that's given over to a Jamie's Italian, not anything to do with the hotel. Room was spacious, quiet and comfortable. But it was a disabled facility and let's face it - that does lead to some compromises in comfort, ambience and facilities for able-bodied guests - it should have been revealed when booked and preferably an option offered at check-in. The restaurant was fine and service top quality, although waiters can ask too often about whether we are enjoying the food! Terrific central location. But trying a bit hard with the New York-esque trinkets, methinks.

1  Thank Michael P

Dear MichaelP

Thank you for this review of your recent visit to our Boutique hotel

warm regards

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed this stay. Great views. Lovely cocktails in the bar, superb evening meal, excellent breakfast and the room was lovely. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Great for a special occasion!

Dear Pafluce

Thank you for this great review of your recent visit here at Gotham.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

My other half booked this for my birthday, we have never visited manchester but he heard about the hotel from a friend and as both of us are Batman fans it was a no brainer to book this, however I did not know anything about it until we actually arrived. It’s a beautiful gothic themed hotel, staff were amazing, room was fantastic! We arrived early and our room wasn’t ready so we came back about an hour later like they advised however it still wasn’t ready so we were offered drinks on the house and sat in the outside bar which had lovely views. We ate in the restaurant one night and the staff were fantastic and the food was amazing. Was extremely spoilt! It’s located right next to the town centre so very accessible and easy to get to most places within walking distance.

Dear rachb992

Thank you for this awesome review of your recent visit here at Gotham.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night, and loved it from start to finish, check-in was spot on and room ready for check-in , breakie was divine as were the cocktails in the bar and on the terrace, the little details everywhere were brill, can't wait to return , very rare we stay in the hotel as much as we like to get out and about but we found ourselves wanting to enjoy the charm of this hotel, we did eat out but think next time we will try the restaurant

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Neil B, Manager at Hotel Gotham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear SS

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of your recent visit here at Gotham.

I cannot say how much I appreciate your kind words, particularly highlighting the service you received while with us.

We have a brand new head chef here at Gotham you must come and visit us at our restaurant

I do hope we will see you again soon and I look forward to welcoming you back.

regards