1,714 results
All reviews honey restaurant rooftop bar inner sanctum brass bar welcome cocktail fur throw private members afternoon tea quirky touches mini bar king street turn down service quirky hotel top floor amazing hotel on arrival birthday treat
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel and the Inner Sanctum Suite to celebrate my partners 30th. I did let the hotel know it was my partners birthday but unfortunately (unlike other reviews I’ve seen) they did not acknowledge this. I don’t know if this was prejudice as I booked via Secret Escapes?
We got to the room and unfortunately the TV was broken - there was no signal. We called reception and they immediately sent someone and they managed to “fix” it. However, we didn’t have all the main channels and many channels were still distorted. As we were going out (I like back ground noise whilst I get ready!), I left it. In the morning, all the channels had gone again. Fortunately Netflix worked.
However, the rest of the room was lovely and the little touches they had thought of were impressive. The service was great and the breakfast was lovely. Well worth including as extra. I also appreciated the turndown service and the minibar being restocked at this point. The shower was also fabulous!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IbizaChick
Neil B, Manager at Hotel Gotham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear ibizachick

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Gotham.

I do hope you will continue to visit us and I Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

This is an exceptional hotel, part of the Bespoke Hotel group. It is situated in an old bank building, on 6 floors (top floor is reception, Honey restaurant and the excellent Brass Bar). Lobby is very small, and you're greeted by bellman who directs you to 6th floor and takes your bags to your room (they got there before we did, so tip accordingly!). The decor is a modern take on 1930's art deco with a steampunk vibe. Its not subtle at all, is throughout the hotel and rooms, and works very very well. Reception experience was first class (aided by the numerous welcome emails we got preparing for our arrival). Our 2nd floor room was a executive King, and was large, very well laid out in an "L" shape with a sitting area separated by a pony wall with flat screen TV on a swivel. Well lit by three large windows Bathroom was shower only, but quite large and very well appointed. All fixtures and fittings echo's the hotel style. bed was comfy and room was very quite (windows were sealed with second pane that didn't impact the period window styles. Food and drink were also excellent, and if you book with breakfast included (i'd recommend!), you can have it in restaurant, or delivered to your room (always a nice touch!). Location is perfect, right downtown, close to shopping restaurants and bars. Staff are very very good, attentive, friendly and all dressed to extend the hotel theme...just wonderful! we stayed 5 nights and would have stayed even longer. This place is a real gem.

Room Tip: add breakfast to your room booking...it is delivered to your room at no extra charge!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon C
Neil B, Manager at Hotel Gotham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Jon C,

Thank you!! What more can I say. This review is exactly what we hope for when every single guest steps through our doors.

I can;t tell you how much I appreciate your kind words, particularly highlighting the members of the team who made your stay so memorable.

I really do hope we will see you again soon and I look forward to welcoming you back with us here at Gotham.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at hotel Gotham a couple of times now and we absolutely love it. The staff are excellent and so northern and friendly! The hotel was really helpful in allowing us to swap our nights stay after our concert was rescheduled. I booked a smaller room by mistake this time ‘cosy club’ - unfortunately far too small for me and my extremely tall boyfriend! But the last room we had was lovely and spacious. Breakfast is our absolute favourite and should not be missed nor should a cocktail on the roof terrace. Look forward to returning soon.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Lauren W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Gotham.

I really do appreciate your kind words and that we were able to cater to a change in plans for you. I would also like to say a huge thank you for your repeat visits.

I do hope you will continue to visit us and I Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

A far too brief return visit, made very special by the friendliness of every single member of staff. The pre theatre supper menu meant that we had a fantastic early meal before leaving for the train and made the briefest of visits feel longer than it otherwise would have done. Thank you.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Neil B, Manager at Hotel Gotham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Sporads

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of your recent visit here at Gotham.

I cannot say how much I appreciate your kind words, particularly highlighting the service you received while with us.

Oh we do love theatre here at the hotel 5678

I do hope we will see you again soon and I look forward to welcoming you back.

regards

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful...the decor is amazing and luxurious, not your average faceless hotel. It has character and style and i think in any other circumstances it would have been the perfect stay. The beds were soooo comfortable and the bathroom amazing..the concierge and bellboy so sweet!
The only problem we had was that our room had an adjoining door and thin walls...and next door there was a family with 2 children and a baby. Hello 5.40am wake up call from a screaming baby and subsequent rioting from 6.30 from the other 2. I had asked the night before to be moved but as the hotel was full we had to stay and they were asked apparently to keep it down and the person on the phone did apologise but it didnt work. I appreciate that everyone has the right to stay where they like and of course bring children, but I dont see why it shohld ruin our stay? Happy 10 year anniversary and first night away from our own child in 4 years...and not a single ear plug to be found in the hotel.
So so very upsetting, i spent ages looking at the perfect hotel for our special occasion, we went to a concert we've been waiting 6 months for, drove up from london and hoped the whole thing would have been enjoyable. No apologies at check out..we left bleary eyed and headed straight to the nearest coffee shop...
advice: ask for a room without an adjoining door, especially if there are children next door constantly thumping into it...in fact make sure there are no children next door if you'd like to sleep all night.
so sad that a beautiful hotel experience was ruined for our anniversary :(

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Neil B, Manager at Hotel Gotham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

​Dear safm52,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your recent stay here at Gotham.

Firstly, I would like to say thank you for the kind words regarding the hotel and those members of staff which you have highlighted.

I am sorry though that your night was disturbed by noisy neighbours. As you mention, our colleagues did infact speak to the family in question asking that the noise be kept to a minimum. As I'm sure you can appreciate, being new parents yourselves, this is something that is difficult to monitor and plan for and, indeed, to control.

Having said this, I would hate for this to be your lasting impression of your visit here at Gotham. If I could ask that you contact me directly on Operations@hotelgotham.co.uk, I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you personally.

Warm Regards