“Amazing burgers”
Review of Solita Didsbury

Solita Didsbury
Reserve with OpenTable
Solita Didsbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #217 of 2,361 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Didsbury
Description: Solita Didsbury is the sister restaurant to one of Manchester's most famous grill restaurants Solita Northern Quarter. We are famous for our burgers and showstopping grill dishes. Good Food guide listed since we opened and named by AA Gill as one of the top 3 places for brunch in the UK.
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Was told about this place this place by my gym instructor so knowing I would be in the area the next week I decided to go with my wife.
We went on a Friday afternoon around 3pm so the restaurant wasn't overly busy which was perfect for us, I immediately liked the modern grill house style decor.
I had already read the menu online before we arrived however there were a few additional specials on the board and were pleased to see a good selection of drinks.

For starters we ordered a sharing platter called something like 'Ribs, wings, rings and things' which was all the above with some fried pickles, grilled corn and salad. This comes in two sizes we opted for the smaller (wise decision).
There wasn't a single item on the platter that disappointed and the plate was almost completely clean when it was returned.

As my gym instructor had told me how good the burgers were we both decided to try these.
I went for the Manc-hattan and my wife ordered the New York style, obviously under agreement that we were going to halve and share.
Both burgers were absolutely amazing and I couldn't pick a favourite between the two, the Manc-hattan was an unusual combination of cheese burger with a black pudding party but it worked a treat. The New York style was a cheddar cheese burger with Bernadine sauce and watercress and onions which gave a nice tangy taste.
The meat in the burgers was done to perfection and I can't honestly say where I've had better.

The only downside which is not a criticism of the restaurant is that we had no room to try dessert as we were immensely full, partly our own fault for ordering the sharing platter and partly due to the HUGE portion sizes.

The only reason I have not given this restaurant a full 5 star rating yet is because I would like to try different items on the menu other than the burgers which I will DEFINITELY be doing in the near future and I'm sure will not disappoint.

Keep up the good work guys and see you soon!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Came to Manchester for a couple of days to see relatives and had heard of there burgers so had to come and try. Was not disappointed and would definitely come back when next here. Could not be faulted. The staff the general ambiance were first class and the burger was very tasty. Already thinking of what to have next time.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Didn't book so ended up on the barstool seats - highly uncomfortable! Ordered the sharer platter - mac n cheese bites, rib croquettes, chicken wings and cheeseburger spring rolls - all edible but seriously lacked any flavour and seasoning.

I ordered the walk of shame burger with cheeseburger fries - again edible but overriding flavour was from the mustard, couldn't really taste anything else.

Dessert was s'mores - about 10 toasted marshmallows on a molten choc base with 3 slivers of cinnamon biscuit. Very sickly after first bite, biscuits were lush but didn't go very well with rest, vanilla would have been better. All that for £32 for my share, worth it? No way! Going back? No way!

For serious burgers go to get chucked in Urmston - amazing!!!

1  Thank cazcustard
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We Visited Solita for my grandsons birthday and I must admit to not being into burger's but we all had different ones and all enjoyed them even though it was very busy the service was ok we had a slight issue with two drinks but they were removed from the bill so all in all it was a pleasant experience

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Top notch service, proper portions and very tasty food. The kids menu was also reasonable and our two cleaned their plates. The "Widowmaker" hotdog is recommended but make sure you're proper clammed before you order.