“LOVE THIS HOTEL”

Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa
Ranked #51 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Paid a really cheap price for the best room in this hotel. Hotel was really nice, comfortable and clean rooms. Staff were friendly and helpful! Would highly recommend staying here, one of my favourite hotel experiences!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Marius C, Front Office Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Ashleigh M,
WOW! Thank you so much for these kind words!
So happy you had such a good stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel charges way over the top prices for what we got. We stayed in room 625 which was a disabled room (not requested) which was very very tired. Stains on the carpet and stains on the furniture. Wallpaper ripped and bathroom was very old and in need of revamp. Location for Piccadilly train station is ideal and it’s about 10mins stroll into Piccadilly gardens. Gym was ok but difficult to find. Booking was in the name of Mansell if the hotel would like to respond.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moni1967-Villa

Hi moni1967-Villa,
Thank you for your review and feedback.
Please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was not up to your expectations.
I am sorry you were not aware that the room you booked was an accessible room.
I have asked our maintenance team to inspect that room and correct any faults, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I hope this will not deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The location is very central and close to the train station. The lady (Rabbia) checking me in was very friendly and provided a quick and informative service. The room was based on the second floor and whilst upon entry seemed spacious it lacked any luxury! Glasses and ice bucked provided but no complementary water! The cups were dirty that were provided for tea and coffee facilities.

The room I was in had end to end window which allowed a view of the busy road outside but lacked any sound proofing, which is needed for the rooms that are positioned facing this busy road. The beds extremely uncomfortable so this along with the lack of silence made it very difficult for me to get near on any sleep at all.

The breakfast was fast and what you would expect, so for me this was fine and in-line with other hotels I have stayed at.

All in all, not the best experience for me! Not being able to sleep due to the windows not blocking most of the noise from the outside, and uncomfortable beds is a serious downfall on this hotel. The room may have been spacious but lacked any comfort! Dirty cups and no complimentary water was very disappointing for a 4* Hotel!

Unfortunately I’m Sorry to say it would not be on my list of hotels to stay at when I next return to Manchester.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Daleuk21

Hi Daleuk21,
Thank you for your review and feedback. I am sorry to see you have not enjoyed your stay. I am surprised to read about the beds as all of them have been recently updated and we do get quite a lot of good feedback on them.
I will highlight the issues brought up by yourself with my colleagues to avoid recurrence.
I do hope that you will change your opinion and will visit us again to experience the true Macdonald Hotel and see that it was just an one off on your last visit!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fabulous stay here with my boyfriend. Our room was lovely and the breakfast we had as part of the package was delicious with lots of choice. The location of the hotel is great in terms of both being walking distance from Manchester Piccadilly station and as a base for exploring Manchester City Centre. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

HI Kate S,
Thank you so much for your great review! What more can we ask for!
I am really glad you had such a great stay and do visit us again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in this ‘luxury’ hotel. Unfortunately the hotel charges top prices but this is not reflected in their customer service. Waited an hour for room service - pizza cold on arrival and I don’t know why the ice took an hour at 1825 in the evening. Breakfast shambolic long queue for eggs that never seemed to arrive!
Don’t even think about using the lifts unless you have 30 minutes to spare - 2 lifts for 8 floors ridiculous. Definitely not worth the price - will not stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank guernseylasses

Hi guernseylasses,
Thank you for your review.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you had on your last stay, I can assure you this is not the norm.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you want to return and I sure we will be able to make it worth for you.