6,619 results
All reviews thermal suite train station car park lovely hotel city centre mini bar stayed for one night lovely room executive room reception staff comfy bed bath apollo slippers concert
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Had a fabulous stay here with my boyfriend. Our room was lovely and the breakfast we had as part of the package was delicious with lots of choice. The location of the hotel is great in terms of both being walking distance from Manchester Piccadilly station and as a base for exploring Manchester City Centre. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marius C, Front Office Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

HI Kate S,
Thank you so much for your great review! What more can we ask for!
I am really glad you had such a great stay and do visit us again soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in this ‘luxury’ hotel. Unfortunately the hotel charges top prices but this is not reflected in their customer service. Waited an hour for room service - pizza cold on arrival and I don’t know why the ice took an hour at 1825 in the evening. Breakfast shambolic long queue for eggs that never seemed to arrive!
Don’t even think about using the lifts unless you have 30 minutes to spare - 2 lifts for 8 floors ridiculous. Definitely not worth the price - will not stay again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank guernseylasses

Hi guernseylasses,
Thank you for your review.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you had on your last stay, I can assure you this is not the norm.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you want to return and I sure we will be able to make it worth for you.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

First the positives: lovely bed and bed linen. Friendly staff. Good location.

Negatives: dreadful food (hand cut chips were cheap frozen chips). Slow room service (almost an hour, food lukewarm and horribly steamed and stale under cloches). Badly organised: rooms have wrong menu, towel rail disconnected, very small shower, fridge removed, no heating in room so completely freezing - totally unacceptable for a winter stay. Spa expensive for what it is. Worlds slowest lifts. Whole hotel feels like it was built 15 years ago and hasn’t been improved since..dated and left to slowly rot...just feels cheap and as if they’re cutting corners. They are obviously on an economy drive. The only recommendation I’d give is to stay away.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jane F

Hi Jane F,
Thank you for your review.
I am of course disappointed to read about your experience and please rest assured that this is not the norm. I am positive that if you gave us another try we will be able to change that opinion.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you want to come back.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed two times at this hotel, with the Middle East airline I work for! Both times were just great, the rooms have a great amount of space, not to mention the windows, that runs from one side of the wall to the other!
The breakfast is quite competitive, comparing to the other hotels, and the staff is polite and friendly!
The location is beyond expectations! In the heart of the city, you can experience everything the city has to offer in no time!
I’d like to highlight the precious performance of Arcadius, he was the responsible of distributing our keycards once we reached the hotel.
Extremely polite, he took his time to explain me a lot about the city and its attractions,
On the second time I stayed at the hotel, with a difference of two months, Arcadius remembered me from the start, took his time to tell me about other places, and gave my a gym key along with my room key, anticipating my needs!
Based on the number of cabin crew that stays there every day, I think that was quite impressive!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Mascarenhas G,
WOW! What a great review. Thank you so much and hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed 17 November 2017

good place to stay for a short trip in Manchester. premium location at the heart of Manchester. Easy access and the staff very friendly and helpful. especially Arcadius who helped me to sort my needs :) recommended.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Marius C, Front Office Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Hi Ryan K,
Thank you so much for your review. It's great to see you've enjoyed your stay and I am sure Arcadius will be chuffed after reading your comments.