6,551 results
All reviewsthermal suitepiccadilly stationcar parksteam roomlovely hotelcity centremini barexecutive roomlovely roomreception staffstayed here for one nightcomfy bedsaturday nightapolloslippersconcert
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Nice hotel friendly staff and the rooms are well equipped and large, I have stayed before and found the place very welcoming we were there mid week, the only downside was the bar closed at 12, we got back to the hotel for a nightcap, but wasn't available, we should have checked before we went to our function.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Marius C, Front Office Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

HI Roy F,
Thank you for your feedback, it's great to see you've enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 10 years and always had a good experience, until this time (admittedly it's a few years since I last stayed). I checked by phone to make sure the room would have a bath as I have an injury that makes a good hot soak a necessity in the evenings, I was assured that would be feasible as most rooms have a bath. However, when I got to the room, no bath, just a shower. When I asked reception I was told they had no record of a room with bath request and that they couldn't accommodate my requirement as they were fully booked. Annoying!
After about 5 minutes in the room, the door burst open and housekeeping came in without knocking. The two staff members, one male, one female looked surprised to see me and did apologise but it was very unnerving for a solo female business traveller. I could have been undressed. I put the chain on the door after that.
The room looked a little tired with a damaged lamp shade and stains on the carpet. There were 2 longish dark hairs in the sink as well. But I was so tired and fed up by then I decided to go to bed and ignore the poor quality of cleaning and room. But, when I pulled back duvet, I found...a false fingernail on the sheets (see photo). Utterly gross! Phoned reception again, by this time very hacked off and angry, they immediately said they would move me to another room. Next room was clean thankfully, and... had a bath!!! Not fully booked then!
At 3.30am I was woken up by a lot of shouting in the corridor and what sounded like children running up and down. Not a great nights sleep after that.
Breakfast was mediocre with lukewarm scrambled egg, the smoked salmon quality was ok, but they charge £3.00 extra for it, so it would need to be. The tea was so weak that even after squashing the teabag against the pot for 5 minutes it still tasted like dishwater. The rest of the breakfast looked ok, but I didn't try anything else. Reception check in and out was fairly speedy but overall, the whole experience was traumatic and I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Bryony K

Dear Bryony K,
Thank you for your review.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings experienced. I can assure you that this is never the level of service we aim to deliver. I want to thank you for the feedback as this will help me address the highlighted issues with my team.
I would of course be more than happy to welcome you back and change the opinion you have on our hotel, just feel free to contact me(receptionmanager.manchester@macdonald-hotels.co.uk).

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Myself and three friends stayed here for one night on a Saturday. Booked via booking.com.

On arrival, the hotel looks lovely. We didn’t have to wait to check in, however was a slight misunderstanding regarding spelling of name, couldn’t find booking. But resolved quickly. Check in was quick, was told all relevant info, eg, breakfast time, check out, where lifts and stairs where.

We went to the lift to get to our room, we where on the 7th floor, don’t fancy walking 7 flights of stairs with a suitcase!

We had managed to get 1 room for all 4 of us to stay in, which was fab. As we were staying here to catch up over the weekend, not planning on going out. So this room option was great for us.

We got to the room, and it was lovely, however with two double beds, the two big arm chairs kinda made the room feel smaller. None the less it was a lovely room.
Bathroom was also great, lovely and clean. And big, with a bath and separate walk in shower!
Tea station available, however not a major issue but just something to think about, there was 4 of us , only 3 biscuits available. And only 1 teaspoon. But like I said not a major issue not overly bothered.
Rooms well equipped, glasses, mugs, hairdryer, phone x2, icebucket!

Had a lovely nights sleep, although it does get very warm, and whilst there was an a/c unit, it is quite loud at night to put it on.
Beds where very comfy.

Breakfast in the morning was good. One of us was vegetarian, and vegetarian options available.
Lots to choose from, hot food, cereals, pasties, cold meats and cheese. Was great.
One of the members of staff come round and ask if we want toast, yes please. However when it arrived it was already cold, and some bits a little burnt. maybe an option to be able to make your own toast would be better ?
Also again, we all had tea/coffee but NO teaspoons. Is there a teaspoon shortage in the hotel ?

Breakfast was lovely, very tasty, if I wasn’t so full I would have definitely had seconds!

Overall we had a lovely stay, hotel was lovely. Staff nice, friendly and helpful.
Would stay again and would recommend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Kayleigh B,
Thank you so much for this kind review. I am happy to see that you had a good stay and looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

The best part of this hotel is the location, literally three minutes from Piccadilly station to the hotel door. The staff were efficient and polite. The view from our room was a nice bonus and the bathroom was very up to date and modern. Apart from the bathroom the rest of the room was dated and lacklustre. WiFi in the hotel is quite slow and there are no plug sockets next to the beds. To me it seemed like because of the brilliant location in relation to the train station they haven’t bothered to update the rooms in a decade.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Callum M,
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to see that overall you had a good stay.
Please don't hesitate to visit us again.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the MacDonald Hotel and Spa on a recent business trip.

Rooms were big and clean with a comfy bed to boot. Bathroom facilities were very good, shower in particular.

Breakfast was average, not a great deal of choice. Not cooked to order either, food had been there for a while so suggest to arrive early (opening).

I was very impressed with the service at the front desk, they were very inventive and catered for all needs.

The Location of the hotel is right next to the mainline station, the centre of Manchester was around 10 min cab journey.

All in all a good experience and would defiantly return.

Stayed: June 2017

Hi DrewNat,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's great to see you've enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.