“A long weekend in Manchester ....”

DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ranked #18 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed for two nights on a weekend break in Manchester. The hotel is well situated for Piccadilly station and most of the main sites around the city. The rooms aren't the biggest but they were clean & well equiped. The only issue we had was the furniture in the room wasn't very clean. We mentioned to reception who told us a replacement program was underway. Otherwise we found it comfortable and good value.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms overlooking Auburn Street. They look out on an abandoned 1950s office buildin...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thank you for your review and sharing a Tripadvisor 'Room Tip' regarding the Auburn Street view.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Requests for rooms with specific views or direction can usually be accomodated. I invite all Guests can contact me directly, Jack.Appleton@hilton.com with any such requests so I can personally take care of these.

We all do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

excellent friendly service on arrival and warm cookie was a nice touch.
Rooms are well appointed with wifi & Apple Macs (though didn't use the latter) and good bathrooms with showers. Our room wasn't massive, but i felt it was efficiently designed with all requirements for a night in Manchester.
Nice couple of bars & a restaurant too.
I would stay there again.
Its a 2 min walk from the train station.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear sttf01,

Your review is great to share with the team - I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I've stayed here many times before, both as the City Inn and the Mint Hotel.. Now it's a Doubletree it still boasts the same excellent facilities as before.

Free wifi, an iMac in every room which doubles as the TV, spacious rooms with great views and a fabulous bathroom - with bathrobes - and a brilliant power shower.

Delighted also when we checked in they give you a free warm gooey double chocolate cookie!

We are a gay couple so visit Manchester a lot for the nightlife and bars - Canal Street is just behind the hotel, and the train station is directly in front of it so couldn't ask for a more perfect location.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying in Manchester.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jason B

Thank you for your feedback.

It is inpsiring and genuinely pleasing to read you have enjoyed the hotel time and time again. Please feel free to get into contact with me directly if I can assist with any future plans to return, Jack.Appleton@hilton.com.

I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back, and put a face to a name.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We visited the hotel over the Easter weekend and cannot fault the hotel and staff. On arrival, we were presented with a hot cookie which was a nice touch to the fast check in. I had emailed the hotel the week before to request as quiet room as I was visiting for my mum's birthday. This was provided along with some balloons and a card in the room which was a nice touch (thank you Milo for your attentive communication and arranging all of this when our arrival date was your day off!)

The staff at the front desk were great, ordering taxis for us and bringing any missing items (dressing gowns) and extra milk up to the room at lightening speed. The only small negative thing I have to say is about the breakfast provided in the morning. The cooked breakfast was small in comparison to other Doubletree's I've stayed at and on the first day it was clear that the food was not freshly prepared as our eggs were hard and the beans were dried out.
All in all though, a great hotel with a good location.

I parked in the nearby Piccadilly station long stay car park which was cheap at only £4 a night at weekends and bank holidays.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Jen S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with Tripadvisor. I am so glad Milo was able to help and I have shared your commendations with him.

Our Executive Chef was concerned to read breakfast was not the usual, high DoubleTree by Hilton standard. The team have made the necessary changes to improve this.

We all genuinely do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed at what used to be the Mint Hotel for two nights whilst attending an Easter academic conference at the nearby University. The location was first class, the welcome excellent and I had a most pleasant stay. The only difficulty I had was finding the hotel and negotiating my way, by car, around Manchester's one-way system. This is not the hotel's fault. Once I found the parking, the charge was reasonable and I was able to leave my car in perfect safety under the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure, if arriving by car, that you have worked out the best route to the hotel via Manchester...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your review with Tripadvisor.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay - and the conference we good. Parking facilities are a little tricky to find as you are correct, we recommend all Guests arrive at the hotel. You can use the small layby out at the front of the building whilst we help unload bags and direct you to the best available parking.

If you need help or directions beforehand we are always available, Jack.Appleton@hilton.com by email or via telephone if you prefer.