“Comfortable”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #47 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 16 November 2017

The rooms are comfortable - could do with a little more upkeep - there was a damaged lampshade and the power wire had been pulled out off the alarm clock which was not fixed despite being highlighted to the concierge. The bar is an attraction being so high all the rooms have big views across the city and the rooms are quiet. The pool and gym are good and the breakfast area is well staffed and the breakfast food standard buffet style but with big plates you could really go to town.

Room Tip: higher the better - the east facing rooms get the sun in the morning if it happens not to be rainin...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear William L

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for staying with us.

I am sorry that you had a visit of two halves and I thank you for your feedback.

I greatly appreciate your feedback relating to our guest rooms. I am disappointed to receive such feedback as we have an on-going preventative maintenance programme in place which covers all of our guest rooms.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the amazing views from our floor to ceiling windows that all of our guest rooms have to offer.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast offering prior to your departure and we really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend booked a hotel room for his birthday for one night. When we arrived we went to the spa as we had treatments booked. Just after 3 o’clock we went down to reception to check in, we’ve been told that the room is not ready yet and they offered us complimentary drinks and snacks which was nice, however we’ve been told that we need to pay deposit of £50 by card or £100 cash. We were disappointed that no one told us about it when we booked it, so we had to get a taxi home to get some extra money. We came back the room was ready for about 4 o’clock. We finally checked in got the key and we finally went to our room. The room was so pretty and clean, I loved the view, it was great! We had coffee machine and all the drinks in the fridge but we had to pay for it if we touched it so it was a bit annoying. Overall we both enjoyed the stay and we are planning to come back soon !

Stayed: November 2017

Dear Patricia C

Thank you for choosing to stay with us; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your boyfriend’s birthday celebrations

I am sorry that you were not advised that £50.00 would be held as a guarantee only by Hilton Manchester Deansgate on check in. I have spoken to my Front of House Manager to ensure that our guests are advised of this at the time of check in, to ensure that we do not receive any further comments of this nature.

I am pleased that your guest room was to your liking and that you were able to enjoy the great views of Manchester from the comfort of your room.

We would like to thank you most sincerely for highlighting that you would return to stay with us. We certainly look forward to having that pleasure.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel was comfortable but we booked executive level which is well worth it can I just say that Rose in the exec level was so nice and very helpful lovely girl, David on reception again very helpful. Lots going on in the hotel at this time of year but still nice place to stay

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennie w

Dear jennie w

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Manchester.
May I also thank you so much for making the time to post this wonderful review on Tripadvisor. My team and I were delighted to be able to look after you.

We hope that we do have the opportunity and pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Should we have that pleasure, we do offer great rates via Hilton.com and we would welcome you to book direct with us.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

My partner and I stayed here the night after our wedding as a treat. The room was ok although I did wonder why anyone would want to paint the feature wall dark brown?? Anyway, we booked a room with access to the residents bar (2 hours free drinks d canapes). When we got there, in terms of alcohol only beer and wine was available. When we asked the lady serving (one over- worked person) she informed us that spirits are not available on a Sunday evening, only Mon- Thurs. Shame but we got over it and enjoyed the wine.
Later we checked out the bar on Cloud 23 (same floor as residents bar). To do so, we had to go back down to reception and get in another lift. Strange layout. We ordered a cocktail each, they were brought to our table. 5 mins later the waiter came and asked how we would like to pay, I informed him I had £50 voucher (wedding present). He asked to see them and took them off me. Cocktails were good. I ordered another round and again, he asked how we wished to pay (had he forgotten he had already seen my vouchers?). Anyway, I did not feel like I was drinking in a luxurious place constantly being hounded for payment. What is wrong with keeping the tab open and giving us the bill at the end or even asking if we would like them including on our room bill? Very odd.
We slept well and the next morning had breakfast, it was buffet style and very good. As checkout wasn't until 12 we decided to have another hour in bed (or at least we thought). The cleaner knocked on the door twice to ask if he could clean the room and also the fire alarm went off. I rang down to reception to be told it was a test. It would have been nice to have been informed about it beforehand.
In summary, I think the hotel is trying to be luxury but customer experience was very bad. I probably wont stay again.

Room Tip: Any room not decorated dark brown
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear beckygrattan85

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to continue your celebrations of your recent wedding. It was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your visit and we thank you for allowing us to form part of your celebrations.

Thank you for booking an Executive room which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge.

I appreciate it may seem a little odd having to leave the 23rd floor Executive Lounge to gain access to our 23rd floor Cloud 23 bar. Due to fire regulations we are restricted to 300 guest’s maximum at any one time on the 23rd floor. In order for us to control this effectively, we must have one point of access only for Cloud 23 and that being the express lift from the ground floor. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for visiting Cloud 23 during your stay. However, I am disappointed to read your feedback in that you encountered poor service whilst in the bar. Our Cloud 23 Manager has been given visibility of your feedback to ensure that our guests receive the ordinarily high standards of service that we offer.

As responsible hoteliers we conduct a weekly fire alarm test to ensure that all of our systems are to standard. We highlight the test prior to the alarm sounding on our internal announcement system which is audible throughout the hotel. I can only apologies that you did not hear the announcement.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by Housekeeping whilst in your room. I am confident that this shortfall is down to human error. I can assure you that our Head Housekeeper has taken action within her department to ensure that this shortfall does not recur in the future.

Thank you once again for staying with us and my team and I hope that we are able to look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Unfortunately for such a high expectation the lack of working TV remote, housekeeping waking me fbefore breakfast and check out to clean room and a tired unappertising breakfast were only slightly made up for by helpful and courteous staff.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear N1738PVsimonp

Thank you for completing this review. We do appreciate the time you have taken.

I am truly sorry that this stay did not meet with your expectations or indeed offer you the wow factor.

I would like to thank you for highlighting that our team members were helpful and courteous throughout your stay.

Please accept my apologies for your disappointing experience and we do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.