“Accommodating and Efficient staff”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We found the staff helpful, friendly and efficient from checking right to checking out. The receptionist was very accommodating in finding us a room with a decent city view. She fully explained everything we needed to know about the hotels facilities and functioning. Anything below the 6th floor is likely to disappoint.

The buffet food was good quality,hot and with plenty of choice. The pancakes we ordered did take an awful long time to arrive and there wasn't really anyone monitoring whether we needed refills in our beverages. In fact it almost appeared that staff were trying to avoid eye contact. This appeared more of a staffing levels issue, as they were always busy.

We particularly enjoyed the spacious room allowing us to relax with a coffee while overlooking the city.

It was also nice not to wake up in the middle of the night with a dry throat, as has been the case in some other hotels due to the air con drying the air.

I had been expecting an indifferent reception from previous reviews, but the staff in the gym were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: You can park at NCP Bridgewater Hall, Little Peter st, M15 4PS for £7.70 (5 mins walk) or weekdays E...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you found all team members to be welcoming, helpful and friendly and they have been made aware of your kind words.

I am sorry that you encountered a delay in receiving your pancakes at breakfast. The team on duty was adequate to serve our guests, however I am very sorry that they were not able to serve you as swiftly as they normally do at the time of your visit. I have discussed your feedback with our Restaurant Manager who is reviewing her operation and has made appropriate changes to improve this aspect of our service.

Thank you for highlighting your comments and I do hope that you are able to return to stay with us.

John McLaughlin

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed in the Hilton on the 29th April for one night as we were going to the Manchester Derby on the Monday. When we arrived we were checked into our room straight away it was on the 15th floor with a lovely view, the room was great, large, comfortable and clean and the bathroom was exellent also, the floor to ceiling windows gave us a great view of the city, we visited the pool and jacuzzi while we was in there the pool was lovely and clean and the panels where you could see down were a great touch, the jacuzzi was nice apart from the very sharp plastic that was sticking out and caught my leg was not happy about that, but nothing was done about it!! Apart from that it was great in there. And on the way out we saw a couple of footballers which was a pleasant suprise. Breakfast was very nice a wide selection of food to choose from and had great service from Jason and Meghan so thank you for that! Also exceptionally good service from Tony on guest services very helpful and polite man thank you Tony! Another thing I wasn't to happy about was the fact that you had to pay for Internet other hotels that I have stayed in its been complimentary, if it wasn't for that and the jacuzzi it would have been 5 stars, very beautiful hotel and lovely staff!

Room Tip: Try for a room on a high floor!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GRL2594

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedback with us, I am really glad that you had a great stay with us.

So pleased that you received great service from Tony from our Concierge department, he has been made aware of your kind words as they serve as a great motivator.

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise if you encountered a sharp item whilst getting in/out of the Jacuzzi. I can confirm that we have not had issues of this nature since the hotel opened in October 2006. To date we have not received any similar reports or previous incidents. I, together with our Livingwell Manager have checked the area we cannot find anything to suggest any further incidents are likely.

I do hope that this does not deter you from returning to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed at the Hilton last weeked for my partner's birthday celebration. Lovely touch in the room when we got back from our afternoon's shopping on Saturday - a plate with a couple of strawberries and blueberries, two chocolates and a little Happy Birthday written on the plate in chocolate - only a small gesture but very much appreciated.

Our meal in the Podium Restaurant was very nice, good choices and nicely cooked and presented. I was a little disappointed in my treacle tart as it was cold when it came and had to go back twice before it was sorted out.

The Cloud 23 Bar lived up to expectations. It was great being a resident as you get fast tracked to the bar. We stayed there for the rest of the evening, not wanting to move from our window seats, enjoying the view and ambience of the bar.

Breakfast was good, apart from the hot choices not being hot enough for me, but that didn't stop me relishing my "full English".

Overall it was an excellent stay at the Hilton, the staff were great, very polite and accommodating. I even practised my Spanish on the waitress in the restaurant, she was lovely.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone.

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your partner’s birthday and I am happy that the team recognised this and offered a celebration plate in your room on your return to the hotel.

It is good to know that on the whole you had a good stay with us, however I am disappointed to read your comments regarding your dining experience and these have been addressed to ensure that this does not happen again.

I am really pleased that you found all team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your stay.

I am so glad that you were able to practise your Spanish with a member of our of Podium Restaurant team, they are always more than happy to help.

I hope that you are able to return to stay with us soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Good pts:
good location, comfortable & clean rooms, excellent choice of breakfast food. exceptionally good experience with a waiter Rakib who not only very welcoming and accommodating but also went for an extra mile to pleased us. Apart from the usual tea/coffee drinks, he also informed us that he can make us a hot chocolate if we want to - which he did & it was 10/10 and also told us that there are pancakes on offer. Thank you Rakib, you made our breakfast experience even more enjoyable!!!

Bad pts:
I strongly disagree for hotel to charge parking and wifi access. With so many bars, bistros and equally or less star hotels that offer free access to customers. Its penny pinching!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor and had a good view of the city.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone.

We are pleased that our location was suitable for your visit to Manchester and that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and your guest room was to your liking.

Hilton Worldwide are delighted to be able to confirm that as from 30th November 2011 we now offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Something you can now enjoy in all Hilton Hotels. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and I can confirm that we are competitively priced with other hotels in the city.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate is fortunate to have a small number of car parking spaces which we can offer to our guest on a valet car parking basis which are again competitively priced with fellow city centre hotel. We are also happy to be able offer guests a discount when parking at the Great Northern car park, adjacent to the hotel entrance.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and I can assure you that Rakib has been made aware of your kind words.

I hope that you return to stay with us when your travels bring you back to Manchester

Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is the best Hilton I have stayed at. We arrived late in the evening and were greeted with speedy and friendly service check-in. Our room was beautiful, large, clean and comfortable, and the bathroom was excellent with very good water pressure in the shower. The floor to ceiling windows gave us a great view of the city.

Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, as I would expect from a Hilton, and here again the service was friendly and efficient. The heated pool is lovely, an excellent place to relax.

Cloud 23, the bar on the 23rd floor offers spectacular views of the city, a shophisticated environment and (once again) immaculate and polite service. We visited it for drinks on the second night and again for tea the following afternoon, when we were served lovely loose-leaf tea in teapots.

Check-out was once again fast and friendly, and the concierge very kindly allowed us to use his computer to check in for our flight.

The location is convenient, a couple of minutes' walk from Deansgate station and a few minutes in the other direction to a number of bars, restaurants and shops.

The overall impression is of a lovely, high-class hotel with wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Excellent view from high floors

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our facilities, location and service to be excellent.

I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to visit Cloud 23 to enjoy our wonderful cocktails and Afternoon Tea and indeed the spectacular views of Manchester.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and they have been made aware of your kind words.

I hope that you return when your travels bring you back to Manchester.