US$ 105
US$ 106
US$ 99
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 111/night.

US$ 101
US$ 93
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 105/night.

US$ 145
US$ 86
  • Pool
US$ 39
ibis Budget
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 53/night.

The Pendulum Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$ 79
US$ 66
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 79/night.

US$ 108
US$ 86
US$ 84
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Manchester Central Arena(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$ 40
US$ 34
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 39/night.

1,445 results
All reviewsroof terraceafternoon teahot tubgrand roommezzanine flooroyster barroll top bathgjs hotelbathroom upstairssplit levelcoronation street setwedding venuegranada studiosbeautiful hotelmain barwalk in showerbirthday treat
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We recently attended a wedding here on the rooftop, it was absolutely stunning, it all went like clockwork, the food was fabulous, the service was good, the only thing I could critasise would be the price of the drinks, too much in my eyes so expect to pay more than you wish!

Great day had my all, the pump your prosecco stand was lovely!

Toilets were clean.

The staff were really attentive.
Of course you can imagine the rooftop setting was wonderful! They have heaters and blankets outside if required.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
GreatJohnStreet, General Manager at Great John Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Jennie F,

Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely comments regarding your experience here at the hotel. We are pleased that the special day went smoothly. I'm happy that you enjoyed both the food and ambiance and that the staff ensured that you were looked after.
We do hope to welcome you back in the future - for whatever the occasion might be: perhaps an Afternoon Tea?

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

This was my fourth visit to this lovely hotel. I was scheduled to stay at another hotel I changed my mind and checking in at Great John street hotel at last minute. Three things that really like about this hotel, comfortable rooms, location and food.
The staff are friendly and always helpful. The cookies in the room are to die for and rooftop bar is a great place to relax after an exhausting day.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank harshic

Dear harshic,

Thank you for taking your time to give your feedback, how lovely to hear you take regular visits to our hotel. You definitely took full advantage of all aspect of our hotel which is what I like to here. I am pleased that the staff thought your stay looked after you well, and aren’t the cookies just a treat for when you arrival to your room.

We most definitely will look forward to welcoming you back to Great John Street Hotel.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is the perfect place to host a special occasion, firstly the building / hotel itself is quirky/ beautiful & has a high end boutique style. Then there is the quality of the product, food and accommodation all excellent (lots of compliments from friends and family especially the teriyaki salmon ! ) and then there are the wonderful staff ! What a wonderful team, nothing was too much trouble! Special tribute to Pedro! Thank you for attention to detail and your sense of fun too! My gluten free daughter though you were wonderful in looking after her dietary requirements!! Good job to the whole team Caroline & John

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
GreatJohnStreet, General Manager at Great John Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Caroline and John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of Great John Street!

I am so pleased you all had such a lovely time, and can assure you Pedro and his team are over the moon with your kind feedback. I hope you've managed to finish off your left over birthday cake, and that we might have the chance to welcome you all back to GJS at some point in the future.

Once again, many thanks, and Happy Birthday!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night after winning a free nights stay in a Christmas raffle. Stayed in room 18 one of the eclectic suites. Huge room and bathroom upstairs with his and hers sinks and not 1 but 2 bathtubs as a well as a massive shower. Bit extravagant for every day life but very quirky! I did request a room with as much natural light as possible but you couldn’t actually see out of the windows as they were quite high and didn’t give off much light. We dumped the car on arrival and explored the local area of spinningfields 5 min walk and arndale centre 20 mins. £30 for parking is steep for especially for a city hotel but I really didn’t need the car so needs must sometimes. We were exhausted from walking the city so we opted to enjoy the room and have room service. We had a delicious steak baguette and house salad with chicken. Served beautifully and promptly. Breakfast was incredible! Lovely continental buffet selection and eggs benedict cooked fresh to order and served beautifully once again! Well worth it for the food if nothing else! I was a little disappointed that the rooftop bar was closed for a private event as I would have loved a cocktail or 2 up there and apparently it’s more often closed for private events so check before booking if this is important to you. All in all a good stay apart from the lack of sleep! I was in room 18 and I guess it must have been a bit windy that night as the flag outside the front of the hotel kept tapping against the metal pole which kept me awake the whole night and I’m not normally a light sleeper. Also there’s a lot of lights and light switches in the room so it was like a puzzle trying to turn them all off a good 10 the 15 minutes figuring this out jumping in and out of bed several times and running up and down stairs! Then once we had finally got the place in darkness we then heard next door having the same troubles we did flicking light switches and stomping around doing exactly the same as us! Paper thin walls indeed! I mentioned all this on check but the chap in reception didn’t seem to care so much nor say that it had been a problem in the past. Perhaps you could secure your flags more or better still take them down at night? Anyhow overall it was not a bad stay just not a great one either. I left more tired than when I arrived and it’s a first for me to have checked out a hotel without a cocktail selfie from the bar! This hotel has the opportunity to be something really very special but let’s itself down in 1 or 2 areas which really ought to be polished out.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear 5StarNatasha,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at GJS.

I am pleased that you liked the room, and enjoyed the majority of your time with us, however am disappointed you struggled to sleep. I believe my colleague has already been in touch to personally apologise to you for having been kept awake by the flag. Certainly, this is the first time we have had the issue reported to us. I am sorry that you felt the receptionist did not care, I feel sure this is not the case, however I understand that an apology would have gone a long way.

I hope we may have the chance to welcome you back to Great John Street in the future,

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Stayed here for one night and felt underwhelmed by the experience.
Made the booking with no problems, directly with the hotel staff, however upon arrival was told a wedding was taking place and that their rooftop terrace was unavailable, except for a small section cordoned off for hotel guests, this was totally unusable due to the noise and atmosphere created by the wedding party.
The hotel insist on parking your car for you, and change a high price for it, however you can leave it there even after you have checked out at no extra cost (just as well).
Reception staff very friendly and professional.
The lobby bar is well decorated, however staff were very hard to find (yes there as a wedding on, but yes they should have had extra staff on).
Its a beautiful building, a former school with lots of interesting old photos etc.
Our room was a split level which was actually small, and uncomfortable to be in.
Despite managing to work the overly complicated AC controls, it was just too hot due to the radiators even though they were turned off. Space was a premium and we always felt cramped. There is a pillar right in from of the TV down stairs, there is insufficient seating upstairs to watch the TV as well.
Although decorated well, the room lacked usability.
Bar prices were unjustifiably high, as too was breakfast. Really who does room only rates anymore.
So in all a bit disappointing as wanted to stay here for ages and it promised so much.
Dont think we will be in a rush to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Rangestormer,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at GJS.

I was disappointed to read that the room you stayed in was not to your taste, and that you were unable to cool your room down sufficiently. I hope that my team were able to offer some assistance when you called reception to let them know.

In regard to the price of our parking, bar and breakfast, I must assure you that our prices are in line with other hotels of our standing within the city centre.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to Great John Street at some point in the future.