“Great classic burger place”
Review of Byron Hamburgers

Byron Hamburgers
Ranked #264 of 2,499 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 20
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Proper hamburgers made from British beef, freshly prepared and cooked to order, served with a craft beer
Reviewed 15 March 2015

With an industrial decor in a classic burger joint menu, you cannot go wrong. We were there on a Saturday lunchtime (just popped in on the off chance) and it was busy with shoppers but we were quickly found a table. Staff were very attentive and extremely pleasant. We had classic burgers (cooked perfectly medium) with fries and soft drinks. The menu was good and there was also a good choice of alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks. No unnecessary stuff here and just what was needed.

Reviewed 14 March 2015

Went along on the off chance on Wednesday for my fathers birthday. Service was excellent, waiter had a great rappore with his table. Food was very good for this type of chain restaurant

Reviewed 12 March 2015

Manchester has been drowning in burger bars in recent years. They're mostly average, often pretty tedious and sometimes even misogynist! But this chain is just good at what it does without the novelty or nonsense. Nice staff, cool place, good burgers, no attitude.... That's all a burger bar needs

Reviewed 8 March 2015

6 of us came here for a birthday meal. We shared some nachos and olives whist we waited for the mains and both were gorgeous....I've never had such juicy olives before! I drank gin and tonic which was really good, proper booze all round served correctly. I had for mains the smoked cheddar burger and sides of fries and coleslaw which also tasted fantastic....I really cant fault any of the food and drink that was served on our table it was all high quality. We finished the night with milkshakes which were so big I had to take mine home. The meal cost me approx. £25.

To make out night even better our waiter was excellent, really friendly and couldn't do more to help us so overall very impressed and would love a return visit. I also think if were comparing this place hands down beat 'almost famous' who wouldn't know what good service was if someone pointed it out to them.

Extra info: Disabled toilet on the ground floor. There were families enjoying meals who had been giving colouring entertainment but I didn't actually notice myself if there is baby change or high chair facilities.

Reviewed 6 March 2015

We went as a group of 5 and none of us were impressed with the food. Incidentally on the night we went, they had temporarily ran out of burgers and we had to wait around 40 mins for more to arrive (this review does not hold that against them at all, they were very clear about the situation).

Anyway, to keep us occupied while we waited we were given some free nachos. I am really glad they were free as they were pretty poor... its always hard to describe why with nachos but you know bad ones when you get them!

The burgers were all really really average in taste, the actual burger pattie itself just wasnt that good. The BBQ chilli sauce had far too much chilli in - not a criticism per se, but if you read this at least you know what to expect. Chips were 'meh' and the mac cheese was bland.

Not the end of the world but I wouldnt go again and would recommend Almost Famous or even Splendid Kitchen as an alternative. (I would even prefer Whetherspoons to be honest)