“Catch up with old work colleagues ”

Crompton's at the Waterside
Ranked #159 of 2,532 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 33
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Was invited here for lunch by an old work colleague who had also invited others.
The place was a bit hard to find from the main road and ended up driving past it.
Parking was ok and easy to access.
The interior was rustic and charming, the open fire which I most likely think was gas made a nice touch.
The menu had plenty of choices that suited all the party. Drinks were ordered at the bar which I don’t understand why this couldn’t have been done at the table? My prosecco was flat and in my opinion not very nice.
I had the fish brioche which was of flavour and was great value. The lady who served us was helpful and attentive. A credit to the place.
Everyone enjoyed their meals and it was a nice lunch.
This location would be lovely in the
Summer.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Fantastic evening with friends. Took them there for the first time and the hot stones for the steaks went down a treat. Together with the salt and pepper chicken. Had a bit off a kick but was very tasty. Staff were great. Made us feel very welcome. Just gutted they've stopped doing breakfast. Round the corner from where we live. It's our local.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I visited with family and managed to get a nice quiet spot.

The food was very good quality; I had absolutely nothing to complain about with that. Even the 'mini' fish and chips was very generously portioned.

Thr staff were very friendly and accommodating - allowing us to move to a more preferable table, making sure everything was okay with all of our courses etc

Bit of a hidden gem, would definitely recommend. Probably really nice sitting outside beside the canal during the Summer.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

First time visit for a family meal.

Saturday evening meant the restaurant was packed - my partner said he felt hemmed in/that it was cramped but I would much rather eat in a busy restaurant with atmosphere than somewhere that had no customers, no atmosphere and tonnes of space! There was a really nice mix of diners too, from groups celebrating special occasions to couples, I really enjoyed the ambiance in the restaurant.

The menu is appetising and extensive - and really reasonably priced for what you get, the food is lovely here. Amongst others, the sharing platter/deli board and baked Camembert went down very well with our group! Main courses were tasty and filling, so no room for dessert.

The only thing that let our visit down slightly is that the drinks service was really slow. We ordered as soon as we sat down but waited a while before drinks were brought, and after that, whilst our waiter and waitress asked us frequently (good!) if we needed drinks, when we actually ordered, the drinks too ages to get to us (not so good!).

Apart from that, we had a nice meal and a good time, good alternative to going into the city centre for a nice dinner!

2  Thank Yvette F
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Absolutely fantastic! Derek and Amy who hosted our table were brilliant. Personal service, catered for everyone's needs, always checking everyone was OK with food and drinks. Couldn't have chosen a better place to celebrate my parents Golden Wedding Anniversary. Great food, compliments to the chef, and as I say, fabulous service. Derek and Amy were just brilliant. Thanks again for a superb evening.