“A real winner! Fantastic brand new hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena
Ranked #29 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Last weekend we stayed at this hotel. It was fantastic! The hotel is well located near the Arndale shopping center and bus station Piccadilly Garden. From this bus station you can really achieve anything in Manchester. We slept on the eighth floor with a magnificent view over the city. This hotel is the ideal base for shopping or to go to Manchester City or Manchester United. The hotel is brand new and very modern. The rooms are very clean! The breakfast was also very tasty. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help you. We will go back to this hotel again when we are in Manchester. We did a lot of breaks and all slept in many hotels but this was the best so far!

Room Tip: Request a room on the 8th floor with city view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback on the service & cleanliness here at the hotel I am delighted that our team where able to demonstrate our stay real attitude and I will pass your comments on to the guys

Reviewed 14 April 2012

People seem to be commenting that it's clean. I agree. However this hotel is SO BASIC! The lighting is dim, it's cold because the only fan is above the door (and SUCKS!), there is no washcloth. I'm going to have no idea if I'm showing up at my conference tomorrow in too much or too little makeup. Ugh. If you want to iron anything, good new! You can, but you have to go downstairs and get it yourself and bring it back. There's also some random blue light in the bathroom. The people who work here are friendly, which is good. Internet? 5 pounds gets you until the next day at noon (not even a rolling 24 hours). No swimming pool. No gym (which is rough for me!). The bed seems a little cheap.

None of these things make or break a hotel for me, but the sum total is going to make for a pretty rough week here for a conference. Good thing the location's good!

Room Tip: the street is very loud!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback, however I need to clarify some of the points you mention in your review. We are a Holiday Inn Express and our brand is as a limited facilities hotel . We don’t provide washcloths or ironing boards in the room, nor do we have a pool or gym. We can however give you directions to the local area facilities and you can collect irons and washclothes from reception. The guest rooms have mood lighting so can be dimmed or brightened and are individually temperature controlled for heat or cold air. Our WI FI is complimentary throughout the hotel or guests can upgrade to our premium service at £3.50 for 24 hours (rolling). I am glad you found the team to be friendly and the location suitable for your visit.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Great city centre location, and a bargain at £65! Within 5 minutes walk of Arndale centre, printworks and MEN Arena. We parked at the Printworks NCP, £15 for 24 hours.
The hotel in general is pretty basic but all new and modern, and spotlessly clean. A bit like an upmarket travelodge. Perfect if you just want somewhere to sleep for a few nights.
Our room was spotless and spacious. Nice big shower with a few shelves for storage, a simple touch but it always bugs me when there's no where to put my shampoo and shower gel!

The breakfast was ok, but nothing spectacular. Very basic style, reminded me of a motorway service station.

Overall, great location and very clean! Perfect for what we wanted.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your fab comments on the hotel and I agree the shower space and shelves are very useful. I like the photos that you have added to your review as well I always find them helpful when I am looking to book somewhere to stay .We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2012

This hotel is perfect if you have a short stay of 1 or 2 nights, and tidyness and cleanliness is of great importance. However if you are looking for atmosphere, you should consider something else...
The hotel is brand new, and everything is in top condition. Many hospitals could learn from the daily cleaning, which meant we had an absolutely stain-free bathroom every day. Rooms are spacious and beds are good, but furniture is sparse and you won't find any closet, even if there's plenty of room for it. Only a couple of very small shelves to store your clothing. And why is there only one tiny towel rail in the bathroom??
Breakfast is basic, but adequate to-go. Frustating serving area however.
The general decor in the bar and serving area is plastic-like, and looks like a mid-90's night club. Some like - we don't.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

I thank you for your comments and am pleased that you found the hotel and room to be clean and in top condition. I think this is important feedback for other guest who may be looking to book with us. I appreciate that the decor may not suit all people as it is a modern and contemporary design with sleek lines and mood lighting however I can assure you that the hotel has a friendly atmosphere as other reviews have commented on. We do provide 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and 1 bath mat in all rooms, if these were not in your room during your stay I apologise. We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I think this hotel offers the best price/quality ratio in town. This is not the place you go for character and it is not exactly cozy. But if offers a functional room, with a desk, clean bathroom with shower and free wifi. Breakfast is not so good, I'd describe it as 'industrial' food.
Location is good, near the MEN and bars and restaurants (the Printworks) nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback on the hotel and I am pleased you found the hotel well located for your visit and I hope we can see you again soon