1,929 results
All reviews garden bar manchester conference centre compact room canal street conference facilities ironing board tea and coffee gay village palace theatre stayed one night piccadilly station full english short stay reception staff few minutes walk breakfast was excellent would stay again
Reviewed 2 December 2014

Comfortable and clean. Bit noisy at night. Staff helpful, although pity they didn't know about unavailability of gas to cook advertised poached egg,or that there is a shuttle bus to the station! Excellent tomato soup from the snack bar.

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
Pendulumhotel, Guest Relations at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. Pleased to read that you room was comfortable and clean with helpful service from our team. We apologise that our kitchen did experience a problem with the Gas supply - something that we couldn't have anticipated. You are absolutely correct that there is a free shuttle bus service to the station; however we are in such close proximity to the station, that it's actually quicker to walk under most circumstances.

Reviewed 1 December 2014

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed 30 November 2014

I have over the years stayed in many of Manchester's city centre hotels and worked with very different budgets despite all venues being close by to where I needed to be. Mainly for Canal Street and my Pride involvement but at other times of the year for a break with friends.

Days Inn now the newly rebranded The Pendulum Hotel (with which I have a business account) has been the main stay for me. Always breakfast included and University managed car park nearby offers a very reasonable and safe place to leave the car.

The staff recognise me each time I visit and the rooms are always clean and tidy. The extra touches like the biscuits and drinks help. If you want a meal there is a special and a bar also.
I enjoy staying here it's just close enough to where I need to be. I look forward to my next visit.

Room tip: Discuss your needs, they can help to tailor.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Andytrain
Pendulumhotel, Guest Relations at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and lovely feedback. Our most compelling recommendation is when our guests return to stay with us. We appreciate and value your continued custom and look forward to extending another warm welcome the next time you are staying in Manchester.

Reviewed 29 November 2014 via mobile

Hi. Having travelled a bit around the world, I would rate the service and staff here at pendulum as absolute nightmare.In Particular the man at reception during the nights. The most unwelcoming staff I have ever seen. Forget about thank you sir, welcome and all those niceties, they lack basic manners and etiquette. At check out the man (J) literally threw the invoice at me and I had to remind him about how nice it would be if he could use an enveloped which he then dished out from under the desk. The man at night was so grumpy that you wish you dont have to encounter him if you are returning late. They look so weary and tired and disinterested.
My advice, spend a few more quids and get a better place. Didn't have food there so can't comment. The only good thing was that the conference we came to attend was just downstairs in the conference centre.
Cleanliness is ok. Not a problem there.
Overall, it could have been a good experience if staff were more friendlier and loved what they were doing rather than being grumpy and unprofessional.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank drimran k

We are naturally concerned to read these comments and are now attempting to make direct contact to investigate and address all points in a timely and customer focussed manner.

Reviewed 29 November 2014

After arriving and receiving a key the person behind reception then moved on to the next customer leaving us to find our room for ourselves, not even slight guidance of what floor where the lifts or stairs were etc. After finally reaching our room 15 mins later we were then greeted with the most appalling room. The size was of a single room standard. It was in no way the type of place for a couple! On top of this we went to open the window due to the horrendous smell, but the window was jammed. When my partner finally managed to open it we were then unable to close it when it came to bed time! And whether the window was open or closed the noise was just incredibly disturbing. We were then met with a group of young teenagers skate boarding right at our window, and when I say at our window I mean literally centremetres away and when opening the curtains were face to face with these noisy yobbish youths! I do not understand why this area is open to public as it was right by our window and made us feel nervous and unsafe in our own tiny room. The television did not turn on whatsoever so we had no room entertainment! Next was the bathroom, with the non existent door which didn't completely slide and the lack of privacy, secondly the glass did not fully cover the shower area and therefore the entire bathroom (or the lack of) would end up completely soaked in a puddle within minutes of turning it on (despite the bath mat being put down). After my partners shower I slipped and luckily did not hurt myself properly otherwise this could have been extremely dangerous on the solid floor. The carpet was dirty and the room smelt damp. The bed was cheap and uncomfortable with a thin flimsy pillow and duvet, the length of the bed was almost a micky take with how short it was which is not ideal for a 6ft2 male. The rooms overall feel was dirty and smelly. We daren't event attempt trying the breakfast as the room and hotel as a whole were so disappointing. We attempted to call reception numerous occasions but our call was ignored so we couldn't even solve or voice our problems. Minus the man who checked us in who seemed nice enough, but wasn't very helpful (like where to find our room as mentioned before) but otherwise the rest of the staff were useless women who were more bothered about how they looked than the customers satisfaction, sorting their hair and make up behind the counter. We weren't even asked how out stay was at check out and were brushed past as we left so again no concerns could be voiced. Have emailed three times but still no response so incredibly poor managerial and customer service!!!

Thoroughly disappointed and disgusted.

Room tip: Do not stay!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank rosella468

We are naturally concerned to read these comments and currently have no records of any emails originating from this reviewer. We are now attempting to make direct contact to investigate and address all points in a timely and customer focussed manner.