Sandown Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 66
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
US$ 134
US$ 126
US$ 98
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 November 2010

We stayed in the apartment, a few roads from the Hotel, we thought it was under renovation however apart from the decor being terrible, very rough, the bathroom was very dirty the bath had rings of dirt around it, the mirror was all broken, the toilet cistern a hanging off, hence none of us had a wash, the bed linen was dirty and had not been changed there was old food between the sheets and the dovet covers. We all ended up sleeping on top of the beds with our coats over us.

Even though its under renovation there is no reason for everything to be so dirty!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank pongo186298
Reviewed 15 June 2010

This hotel is the worst place I have ever had to stay in, I was placed in this
Hotel for a week as I was working in manchester and I'm not joking the rooms
Are like crack heads bedrooms. The area that this hotel is situated in is
To be kind like the estate from shameless. The tellys don't work and the
Reception and dining area are shocking. Also this is I'm sure a half way house
For complete drop outs and degenrate idiots. Please please don't stay here
Its not worth it. Its wrong ,wrong ,wrong, wrong

2  Thank spinner100
Reviewed 21 May 2010

I arranged a night out in Manchester for myself and a few friends, after looking at a lot of hotels we decided on this hotel as it definitely seemed the best price for money.
There are reviews that seem to slate this hotel but IGNORE THEM!!! This hotel is amazing and so close to all the amenities - it was only 5 minutes from the centre which was great and so it was really easy to get to and from the hotel!
The hotel staff were very helpful and some of the friendliest staff I have seen in a hotel!
The rooms were very tastefully decorated and had its own en suite bathroom which was extremely clean.
Despite being nice and close to the city centre, we still had a peaceful nights sleep - no noise that we could hear!
We had some cleaning up to do the next morning and packing our stuff and the cleaners were very helpful in accepting our apologies and letting us stay for an extra hour to sort ourselves out - that's the best type of customer service when its genuine!
I would advise anybody to ignore any bad reviews this hotel is really great and amazing value for money -great for if you are visiting Manchester and need somewhere nice to stay! 100% recommend

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We stayed here for my hen party, I booked 2 triple rooms arrived at the main hotel (which stunk of grease by the way) to be told we weren't stopping there, we were stopping 2 roads away in their 'apartments'......nice of them to tell me when I didn't even know these 'apartments' excisted!!! Got there & we feared for our safety & our cars! There was a large group of males drinking next to the car park (which had half the concrete fence smashed down). The owner arrived & showed us to our rooms, the front door of the 1st one had been boarded up because it had been kicked in & the room had no shower & the bathroom door wouldn't close, it also had a kitchen full of washing up on the drainer....nice! Although the overall cleanliness was ok some of the girls found the pillows to be stained! He also told us we had a group of 8 lithuainians above us that would be leaving early in the morning.
We went out as we didn't have time to complain & kick up a fuss but when we got back we went straight to our rooms we started getting harrassed by the group of men above us knocking on our door sayin they wanted to talk, we told them to go away but the persisted to knock the door until 4.20am!! Obvoiusly the owner who told us he was on duty couldn't be bothered to do anything about it!
I would never stay here again & I know you get what you pay for but this was awful.
The only good thing I can say about this place is, it's easy to find & it's only a small taxi ride away from the nightlife!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2010

..not much more to say. Booked a month in advance and pre paid half the cash. Arrived, despite a full record of our booking they had NO ROOM assigned for us. Literally No effort made to relocate us, useless Management, who did not even have the guts to show face. Leaving receptionist to take our complaints. No real apology and pathetic attempts to persuade us to "hang about" to see if they could convince other guests to "give up a room". Add to that the hotel looks minging and beyond basic, in the middle of a housing scheme. Demanded a full refund which we then had to wait a full day to get, glad we actually never stayed here in the end. Also, as compensation we were given ah wait.. nothing not even an apology.

Wish we read the other reviews before booking. shocking experience

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends