“Overpriced and dreadful food!”

Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Ranked #43 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 14 March 2012

my partner and i stayed here in january enroute to our holidays, and it left a sour taste to the start of our holidays. My partner had a priority clubcard and he used to be able to have a priority check in but he was rudely told to get to the back of the queue as this wasnt the case anymore. the room was pokey, we had one dressing gown to share between the 2 of us,one packet of biscuits, and the bare minimum of tea making facilities. We had an overpriced drink in the sports bar, and decided to eat in the al la carte restaurant as a treat. I took the 3 course deal on offer for £25 and my partner ate off the main menu. he ordered a goats cheese starter with walnuts, this came without the walnuts! he also had the rack of lamb which he said was stringy and chewy. my main course dish was the pasta, and i requested some parmesan to sprinkle on my dish. i was told that parmesan wasnt included,they didnt have any and then the waitress came out with a small bowl of grated cheddar!! this is laughable considering it advertised itself as fine cuisine dining!!
In the morning, we explained our disappointment with the hotel and food,my email address was taken and we were assured our issues would be dealt with straight away. This wasnt the case. We returned from our holidays 2 weeks later and we submitted the hotel feedback form and explained that we had already reported our concerns. i was told this form would be given to the manager and they would be in touch, but it is now march and i am still waiting, they LIE!!!
In future i would rather check in to a premier inn, at all premier inns i have found staff to be friendly, polite and efficient, maybe the crowne plaza staff need to get some lessons from them!! And the stays there are cheaper too with rooms not like shoeboxes!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scrappy485
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear scrappy485,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback if they don't.
I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered with the dining and food in our hotel.
I assure you your comments were shared with the staff.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed here last week as I was flying to Scotland for work. Needed a room as I was flying quite early - very surprised that they had a rate that included up to 8 days parking that was only £1 more than the rate for 1 night stay - needless to say I booked this good value package.

Check in was friendly and very informative - explained about courtesy bus to airport and also how to arrange courtesy bus back to hotel on arrival. They said that as I was only parking for 4 nights then they would not have my car taken off site - which was useful, as I could leave some stuff in it after I checked out!

Room service very tasty and quick service.

One slight negative was the size of room - second time recently I have stayed in a Crowne Plaza and the room has been smaller than I have experienced in other Crowne Plaza's. On this occasion it did not matter as I was only there for 1 night.

Also £16 for Internet Access in Room was a tad steep - although the speed and conenction was very quick.

Arrival back at airport was great - called hotel on courtesy phone told them which terminal and they explained where to wait for bus - was basically back at hotel and in my own car within 10 mins!

Will deffo stay again if I need to fly out of Manchester

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed 11 March 2012

excellent staff, room nice and clean, bus to airport and back great.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Very comfortable hotel and only a stones throw from the terminals being situated on the airport complex.
Like all airport hotels meals & drinks are expensive but the shuttle bus is free and the bed was wonderfully comfortable.
Got this as a secret room for £49-50 per room so was delighted.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We have used this hotel a number of times and have been very comfortable. However this time we pre paid for a three course dinner for two at a cost of £43.90 but when we went to the dining room we were told we could only have an allowance of £36.00 against the £50 cost of two meals. The PR manager stonewalled anything we had to say and couldn't see anything wrong in this.
Also there was a very long queue for the shuttle bus allow at least 30 mins. wait in reception.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Dear MoB22,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Regards,