1,390 results
All reviews tuck box winter garden elemis toiletries insurance company refuge assurance real milk beautiful hotel fresh milk in the fridge amazing building original features deluxe room oxford road train station palace theatre beautiful room little touches birthday treat reception area
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel it fabulous. We wanted something a but different and it was stunning. Gorgeous room made us feel so welcome and a fantastic breakfast the morning after. Could not have been better. Very special stay on a very special day ❤

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Peter K, General Manager at The Principal Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Sally L,

It's fantastic to read such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us here at The Principal. I'm so pleased to read you enjoyed many elements of your stay.

Following your experience, I hope you choose to return to us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind regards, Peter Kienast General Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Stayed here for one night, due to attending an event at the hotel on a Saturday night. The bar, restaurant, and reception area are spectacular with high ceilings, floor to ceiling period tiles and lots of iron work. I thought the rooms (the most basic at £220) would also be impressive - sadly the ones I saw are not.

The first room was tiny, in an attic bit of the main corridor with a low ceiling, a small double bed and water marks from a leak on the ceiling. The bathroom was large and looked clean, but the room was dominated by a giant portable air con unit which vented out the window, with a bucket by it to catch the condensation. We asked to be moved to another. The receptionist was polite, her manager a bit taken aback, but got us into another room. This was a bit bigger, but another giant air con unit and a card holder to operate the lights which didn't work (it was falling off the wall) and a toilet that didn't flush. Back to reception. The final option was a basement room. This was actually better, but really dark, next to the bins (in constant use), no safe, with the window sealed shut and no extractor fan in the bathroom. The room felt damp and we ended up propping open the room door open while we were getting ready to get a bit of air in and try and disperse some of the bathroom condensation. Not great for £220.

The bar is well worth a visit, but I would give staying there a miss!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Alison M,

I was saddened to learn of many aspects of your recent stay that caused you such frustration. It is apparent that our level of service did not meet an acceptable level and I can appreciate how inconvenienced you were as a result.

If you would be agreeable, I would like to discuss this matter with you personally so I can investigate to fully understand how each area let you down. Can you please send your contact details to my duty manager Adelina Misina at adelina.misina@principalhotel.com. Either myself or a member of my Executive Team will then contact you for more details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Peter Kienast

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We did love our stay at the Principal. The building is beautiful, our bedroom was huge and clean, the bathroom was great too. In the morning we had our breakfast serve in the room. We highly recommend The Principal.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Kensingto37,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. It's great to hear that you loved our iconic building, plus our breakfast.
On my behalf and of my team I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,
Peter Kienast General Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a Manchester boxing event, over a Friday and Saturday night. The hotel is in a prime location with a very nice entrance lobby the room we had was very large with a good shower. The best part of our stay was breakfast it’s 2nd to none

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Peter K, General Manager at The Principal Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Dear Mark B,

Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay.
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, particularly your breakfast, and I hope you come to stay with us again soon.

Kind regards,
Peter Kienast General Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

This is a very grand hotel in a great location in Manchester (especially if you’re visiting the theatre which is just over the road).
We were really impressed with the building it really is beautiful the reception and bar are very grand (bar is expensive) worth a visit! Breakfast was nice but in a hotel like this I didn’t expect a buffet which never provides the same quality cooked breakfast wise!
We found all staff to be pleasant and helpful, check in very keen to make your stay enjoyable.
The only thing that lets the hotel down is that we were in a room at the end of the hotel..right next to the tram lines (404) we commented a few times on how it had started thundering before realising this was the trams causing the noise and our beds to shake, heavy sleepers will be fine! Rooms themselves are lovely more like a suite very spacious and modern. All in all a good stay

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Ljennings89,

It is disappointing to hear that you had a disturbed night during your stay with us.

Due to our city center location and our popular bar there can be some noise disturbance from the street, however, we do have quieter rooms we can offer.

If you should choose to stay with us again please advise us upon booking of your requirement for a quieter room and we will be happy to accommodate your requirements. We will also take steps to ensure that your next stay exceeds your expectations.

Kind Regards