4,755 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for a shopping trip. Room was not good stains on carpets and dirty! Included was breakfast which I would advise missing as it was horrible,never seen bacon sausage and eggs so bad in my life ! Only good point was location it's was right in the centre and close to all shops could be a total gem if they just updated the rooms and food.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Great location however the hotel needs a lot of work doing on it and a lot of staff training. It took a long time to check in and when we moved rooms they didn’t transfer the payment which meant they woke us up early after persistently ringing and banging on our door. They did apologise and refund us 10% but overall I wouldn’t stay in this hotel again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We booked via booking.com 3 double rooms for 2 nights. We arrived and they had severely overbooked the hotel due to greed. They did nothing and could not care less. They were rude and left us with no rooms. We started filming what happened next and it was remarkable. DONT STAY WITH THESE AWFUL RUDE PEOPLE. 6 videos posted on twitter @Britannialtd (Their company twitter account) Go see for yourselves. We got no response or even an apology despite all of the posts and even an email to their head office. They could not care less. DISGUSTING ATTITUDE and a DISGUSTING WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS. We have recordings of this as proof!

Room tip: Book else where!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank PaulC9556
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Lovely hotel and right in the centre of Picadilly Manchester. Check in was swift although I arrived on a coach tour and my room 358 was adequate for what I needed. The room (a single) was ideally located on the 3rd floor along a maze of corridors but located at the corner of the building which meant that I had good views along the main street. The internal slide doors on the windows ensure that noise of the traffic is blocked out. The room has a small tv, hair drier, telephone and tea and coffee facilities although the hotel were a little stingy with the milk. There was a lovely bath and amazing shower and I slept well.
Break fast was ok with the usual full english options as well as fruit and cereals. (served up until 10:30am) The evening meal (3 course) was also adequate. A lot of people complained about the food although I thought it was nice. Having said that Im not a complainer or picky. The hotel even has its resdent rough sleeper outside. I had a very pleasant stay here and it was lovely and clean despite what others have written.
Beware the beggars, rough sleepers (which are plenty) and some of the idiot night time drinkers and you will be fine!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I am so grateful we booked through Groupon and didn't pay full price.

It took 40 minutes to check in, the room was ok, all we needed as we were in Manchester for a concert.

The hotel was very noisy all night, didn't sleep well. Breakfast was plenty of choice but the quality wasn't great and the tea and coffee in the rooms was very poor quality, if I was paying full price, I would have expected at least a decent brand supplies (which wouldn't have cost the hotel that much).

Must say, unless I got a discounted deal again, I would very unlikely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends