“Great stay, modern, quiet”

Townhouse Hotel Manchester
Ranked #45 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Edinburgh
“Great stay, modern, quiet”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed for 5 nights in an executive room, overall enjoyable stay and sizeable room. Few niggles with bottled water and facecloth not being replaced every day but mentioned to reception and was put right quickly.
I ate in the restaurant twice and it was deathly quiet, however I had a lot of work to do so didn't mind. Breakfast is cooked to order and was delicious. Signage isn't ideal outside, however having read these reviews I knew this in advance.
I travel to Manchester regularly and will definately choose to stay here again.
Clean, modern, good value and really helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

just spent a night at this fantastic hotel, just wished we could have stayed longer, from the moment we arrived we just knew we had found a little gem of a hotel, check in was fast and effeciant , our room was spotless and very comfortable, the bed was huge with six fluffy pillows , i just did,nt want to get up.breakfast was amazing with a large choice of food on offer,worth every penny i can assure you , the staff at this hotel are very warm and proffesional,nothing was to much for them,we will definatley be returning soon.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ingrid999187069
Sunningwell, Oxford
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Stayed one night as a single woman travelling for business. I've stayed at a number of central Manchester hotels, and this is the one I will return to next time I go to Manchester. The staff are very friendly, the room (203) was a good size, stylishly furnished, with a great bathroom with bath and shower. The welcome was good (once I found the reception which was tucked away at the back of the building) and checking in was quick and easy.

The room was very quiet - something that can't be said for many city centre hotels - I was really impressed by this.

Breakfast was excellent - greeted and seated by the friendly staff - good choice of cereals, fruit, lovely croissants, really nice 'real bread' toast. Realy good.

It is a little confusing to find, but it's worth it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Kent
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights over a weekend-28th & 29th January. We checked in to our room however the air conditioning was faulty so within 10 minutes we had been moved to a more spacious room with no hassle at all. Staff are very friendly and the hotel is in a good location. We would definitely return and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank davidd2000
Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel in June 2011 (sorry about the late posting). On arriving at the hotel I walked past it as the signage outside still had the name of the previous hotel. On entering the hotel there was a large queue at reception with only one receptionist on duty. Obviously people waiting at the reception to check in were unhappy to say the least. The receptionist was not particuarly welcoming or friendly.

I finally got checked into my room and it was very nice. The room had 2 twin beds, a seating area with a sofa, another table with 2 chairs, free standing lamps and the usual things. It also had large floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom was large and all in black tiles, black marble flooring, a seperate shower cubicle and bath. The bathroom was lovely. The only thing about the black tiling made it a little dull. I liked it though.

I only ate breakfast in the hotel. The breakfast was buffet style for continental but you ordered any hot food, toast, coffee/tea. The breakfast was very nice and something to suit every taste whether you wanted continental or full english.

I only had one complaint while staying at the hotel and that was about housekeeping. on two seperate occasions I returned to my room to find that the bed had not been made and wet towels were left lying on the bathroom floor. In addition, the room was rather dusty and was not cleaned for the first 4 days that I was at the hotel. I complained on the fourth day and the lady in charge of housekeeping came immediately and made the beds, gave us fresh towels and dusted the room. She was most apologetic.

The only other minor gripe was the staff working on reception were not very friendly or welcoming. While it didn't bothe me, I can see that it might bother some guests. Sadly it does not give a good impression of the hotel. On a positive side, Harvey (I think he was Guest Relations Manager) was lovely and went out of his way to be friendly and helpful to guests. Whenever you saw him he had a smile on his face and spoke to everyone. What a nice man and a real credit to the hotel.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The food was delicious. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. I would also recommend the townhouse to others. However, I think the hotel should iron out the minor difficulties, particularly in relation to housekeeping and the less than welcoming staff on reception.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business