“Amazeballs”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This place is wonderful. Waitress service, which is excellent. The cakes are to die for. Good selection of teas and sandwiches and meals. Decorated beautifully inside and out. I fell in love the moment I saw it. A little pricey, but worth it for a lovely treat!

1  Thank Rachael E

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Visited on a Saturday afternoon and was very busy. We had to wait around 20 minutes for a talbe but the host kept us all supplied with samples of various teas! The service in general was excellent. We were only having sandwiches but these were fresh and filling. The cakes etc are gorgeous and we sampled a cheesecake between us all which was delicious. Would return next time in Manchester.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Seriously, you have to try these eggs. Go immediately.

2  Thank Roe007
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Visited on a very busy Saturday afternoon. Seemed understaffed. There was a huge queue of people waiting for a table and empty tables that hadn't been cleared. Not very well organised. eventually got sat down and had to wait at least 15 mins for our tea as they didn't have any clean teacups. Interesting in a tea shop! Eggs benedict were good but homemade hummus to go with veg chilli was bland. Ordered a cake each, which smelt amazing, I should know I was sat right underneath them! These weren't great I'm afraid. I had carrot and coconut which had been cut in such a way that one side was rock hard from being out all day. Portions also way to big. Would rather pay a bit less. The cost of my cake was taken off the bill though with no fuss. I'd like to go again to see if it's any better but don't want to waste my money either. Average.

Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Hi Jackovsky,

We're sorry to hear you weren't fully satisfied by your visit with us back in April. We've recently launched a new daytime menu and have taken on a new general manager. We'd be delighted if you came and tried us again, and hope you get to experience speedier service and try some of our exciting new menu.

Thank you for your useful feedback.

Best wishes,
Teacup

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Me and my partner popping into this tea rooms for a lunchtime snack.

We was led to our table by a waiter who was pleasant enougth but did seem to be reading from a script.

The furnishings & decor was really nice and everything was clean & tidy, it did seem to be really hot and stuffy, the air conditioning was non existant or not switched on.

The food was very good quality but was not worth the prices that they were charging.

The total price for 2 small snacks and 2 drinks was £22 (very small portion sizes)

The prices would prevent me visiting again, I don't mind paying higher prices for outstanding food and a decent portion but this restaurant failed on both counts.