“Nicely finished budget hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road
Ranked #53 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
UK
“Nicely finished budget hotel.”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We booked this hotel on a whim via Late Rooms, and I have to say I'm really pleasantly surprised. Beds are really comfy, showers are decent, rooms are nicely finished, check-in is hassle-free and overall I think it's excellent value for money. It's also incredibly central, so ideal for a business trip, city day out, or a concert, as we booked for.

The only thing I'd mention is that when we arrived back at the hotel after our night out (at around three AM – slap my wrist), an obviously sozzled chap had taken it upon himself to hang out by the lifts and take the mickey out of the visitors, which was a bit of a downer. The security guard seemed to be trying to get rid of him, but he still got in a few obnoxious jabs.

Obviously I have no idea if he was a patron of the hotel or not, or indeed how long he'd been hanging round the lobby, but I did find this quite intimidating - perhaps the security staff could be more assertive in moving on anyone worse for wear.

Other than that, though, absolutely no complaints, would stay again & would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clicktalk
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel and I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay.

It is with some disapointment that you encountered the guest when you arrived back at the hotel. It can be difficult for security to find the correct level of force on guests, however, with us having a presence at the front door throughout the day and night, thankfully, episodes like this are very far and few between.

Thank you again.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Hebrew first
Alexandria, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed in this Hotel with my partner last October when we were in town to see a concert. we decided just to stay at this hotel as the location was central to where we had to be and also it was cheap.

The Hotel was perfectly clean and quite modern. we stayed in a corner room on quite a high floor which had a great view.

Service was good and staff were happy to help in anyway possible.

You get what you pay for in Hotels but I have to say this hotel did exactly the job and we couldnt fault it in any way. I imagine a lot of business men & women stay here when in town but if I was ever back in Manchester I wouldnt hesitate to stay here for business or leisure.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad that we were able to meet yopu expectations and look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Manchester.
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I use the Holiday Inn Express chain quite a lot for business. The room I had on the 8th floor was the best I've ever had in this chain. Great finishes, spotlessly clean and a huge shower. Also quiet air con and a grat TV picture.
Not sure how the bed would have been with two people as I think it might be a little soft.
Great central location for Manchester.
I also had reason to call them after my visit as I thought I'd left something in the room ( I hadn't! - sorry for the trouble). They immediately went to the room ro check and phoned me back within 10 mimutes as promised - Excellent service!
Thanks

Room Tip: A busy part of the City so I guess the higher the better for minimising external noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your review and kind words. It is nice to see that our staff are reacting quickly to requests and acting on them within an agreed time limit.

Our matresses are turned on a regular basis and are less than 2 years old, however, I have taken on board your comments and will look into their condition as a matter of urgency.

Thank you again.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Good quality hotel in a central location, rooms very clean and well laid out. Breakfast is included with this hotel however it’s pretty basic but does the job. My train home was not until late that day and asked to store my luggage and was shocked to be told it was £3 per item, maybe it’s just me but this is the first time I’ve heard of this and feel like an international brand such as Holiday Inn it just should be done as part of a service especially as the published rate is around £150 per night. My tip to avoid this price is find one of the many council run free museums. They all have lockers to store your stuff and you get your £1 back after as well, just get there before closing time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I can confirm that, due to customer feedback, we have now removed the £3 charge for left luggage. Due to the limited space that the hotel has for stored luggage we introduced the charge to help limit the amount of luggage left with us. As we are a city centre hotel this can amount to a large amount, especially at weekends. However, please do not be put off by this again as we have removed the charge.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My family and i stayed in this hotel for one night, the hotel is nice to start with, staff are polite. But at night time when we came to go bed, my children slept on a sofa bed and my partner and i slept on a double bed. The double bed was the worse bed i have ever slept in, i woke up 3 or 4 times as i couldnt get comfy. The mattress was extremely soft it was like lying on cotton wool and we also had no space between us as we rolled together. We were only given 1 pillow each to sleep with and had to use a sofa cushion as an extra pillow. Room was extremely small even more so due to the sofa bed being pulled out. Bathroom was lovely and clean.
In the morning for breakfast we had a shock to find the reception, bar and breakfast area are all in a line and very small proximity. the area for breakfast seating is extremely cramped and some seating is way too close to the breakfast counter, breakfast overall was not too bad, very simple but also the breakfast area in which you get your food is too cramped for more than a few people.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
HIEX-Oxford-Rd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester CC-Oxford Road, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel.

Our mattresses our less than 2 years old and are turned on a regular basis. It is a suprise that you had this experience. We have 4 pillows in each room and extra pillows are available at reception on request. However, I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention.

We do recognise that our breakfast area has limited space and do encourage guests to stagger the time that they come down to breakfast on notices in the lift. This then allows a little extra room for guests to manoeuvre.