“I Wouldn't Stay Anywhere Else”

Roomzzz Manchester City
Ranked #8 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 22 January 2011

I thought Roomzzz ApartHotel Manchester is slightly hidden away. i only stumbled across it because i was lost trying to find the hotel i was staying at (Prem Inn). It is in a nice location.

At Roomzzz I've stayed in the Grande Studio room which is a really nice room. I've also stayed in the Maxima Suite which is just out of this world. I booked the Maxima Suite to impress my partner and she was definitely impressed, From iMac computer, The iPhone Radio/Alarm Clock Dock, The Bedroom area being on the second level in the room to the electric window blinds on the roof of the room :) not forgetting the TV in the bath room :)

The Staff at Roomzzz were amazing too, VERY helpful!!!

Being dead honest with my review i can honestly say i couldn't find a fault with my overall stay and now i have stayed at Roomzzz i wouldn't stay at any other ApartHotel in Manchester. I will definitely be staying there again sometime soon, and i will be recommending this Hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank CraigRed
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2011

Thank you for such a positive and honest review. Your comments are very much appreciated and have been circulated to the team here at Roomzzz, as they play a huge role in the motivation of the team.
Thank you once again, and I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 January 2011

Very minor criticism, paintwork could do with repairing. Otherwise, would highly recommend this aparthotel. We stayed in Maxima room with mezzanine level for bed. Excellent value for money - particuarly if you book in advance. Spacious, Comfortable, TV in BATH room, small kitchenette. Right by Chinatown, with Thai massage centre ( treat yourself). Shopping - Deansgate, Arndale etc all 10 minute walk. We stay in Manchester as nearest city for special occasions, we were loyal to 1 hotel a few doors away, it took a lot to entice us, but not only succeeded, but exceeded expectations. Love, love, love it.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your comments are noted and very much appreciated. I have today personally checked the room with our maintainance team to address the issue you have raised and thank you for bringing this to our attention.
The team here do review our guest comments on a daily basis and take great pride in their jobs, when comments such as your are posted they prove such a morale booster.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 January 2011

Soon as you walk into the hotel it is really modern and all the staff are really nice, we stayed 2 nights in the hotel in one of the top suites which was worth every penny. The room was really big and had 3 TV's on in the bathroom which was good. All the rooms have an Imac in them as well which is really handy and are really clean, the staff were really helpful, even the man at reception brough us another qulit cover up for us at 4:30am.

Overall I would say this is one of the best hotels in Manchester and is worth every penny and would come back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2011

Thank you very much for such a positive review - comments such as yours prove a great motivator for the team here, and thank you for taking the time to post your review.
The team member you refer to has been commended on his service as a result of your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 11 January 2011

Upon first glance when walking into our Maxima suite I was really happy with it and loved that it would be where we would be able to come back and relax to each evening. For a couple of 21 and 22 years old it was perfect, fantastic location, city centre just down the round, china town literally round the corner. Having the iMac was very useful and the bathroom (with requested bath) was absolutely lovely. I wouldn't like to fault staying here at all. However, we did encounter a couple of things. Firstly I opened one of the top glass kitchen cupboards and half of it came unscrewed, which didn't bother me too much but had that happened to somebody maybe a fair bit older than myself they may have done themselves some damage. When having a shower the bathroom floor quickly seemed to flood which also could be quite dangerous for an older person as it became very slippy. One thing I really didn't like was due to being right at the top of the hotel we didn't have any eye-level windows, there were 3 small ones just above our heads but all you could see from those was the roof just outside. I did love the two huge windows above these with the electronic blinds but you can only see out of these from the bedroom upstairs. It just made me feel a little trapped inside, especially as there wasn't a single window you could actually open, but regardless of that I wouldn't avoid staying in that room again just because of the windows. I've noticed some people have said that about the spiral staircase being a bit wobbly which to be honest I think is a very petty thing to say. I'd be lying if I said the stairs were 100% stable, but unless you're used to a perfect millionaires mansion the stairs here are hardly going to put a downer on your stay, if that is what you're used to you're staying in the wrong hotel. The man on reception was extremely friendly and helpful so was very keen to put any of our problems right straight away as best as he could. The security guard during the night was also a really nice, friendly guy.
Despite the odd faults I've picked out I would definately still recommend this hotel, it is quiet with plenty of space, brilliant location as I've said and a great place to come back and relax to. Next time I go I will probably go for one of the studio's or the liberty suite just because of having the windows at a normal level and being able to see outside more easily.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review, your honesty in your comments is much appreciated.
Ive taken the opportunity to review your comments with our housekeeping and maintainance team to address the issues you raise. Thank you for bringing these to our attention.
Our Maxima Suites are all on the 5th floor, and have the split level with the velux windows as you point out, Liberty Suites are on the corners with windows on both walls - lots of light an space, but without the split level.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future, and thank you again for posting such a positive review.

Reviewed 6 January 2011

Stayed for one night between Christmas and the New Year, we originally had planned to stay the weekend before Christmas but the snow soon stopped that. Originally had to invoke the Lowest price Guarantee which was done promptly and without fuss but on rebooking found that the prices direct were much more reasonable.

Reception was quick and helpful, having only called to store our luggage we were told our room was available which was a nice surprise. We were also offered information on the area and were spoken to each time we arrived or left the hotel.

We were in a Grande Studio which was on the top floor. The landing was decorated in orange with a strong orange aroma although this was not noticeable once in the room. The room had motorised roof blinds and a lot of different lighting options. It was very spacious, very clean and was in good condition with only the odd signs of wear, although how long will the white leather chairs stay that way. The computer was easy to use but you do use the TV as the monitor.

The kitchenette was clean and well set out with a fridge, kettle, toaster, dishwasher and microwave and a selection of plates,cups etc. Tea and coffee are supplied and there is a good selection of groceries available in reception and plenty of convenience stores nearby.

The bathroom had a jacuzzi type bath, toilet, two sinks and a walk-in shower and was quiet large with a TV over the bath. They do not appear to supply a bath mat which does mean the tiled floor can get wet although as it is heated it dries pretty quickly.

The bed was very large and very comfy with really comfy pillows. It was once of the best we have slept on. Even on the top floor though there was some noise from outside. Not enough to bother us but the hotel is in a busy area.

The grab and go breakfast was fine and was plenty to keep you going for a few hours.

We really enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation in going back.

We really enjoyed the stay

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
AndrewPemberton, General Manager at Roomzzz Manchester City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2011

Thank you for such a positive review - I was pleased to read how much you had enjoyed your stay, and have shared your comments with the team here.
Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future